A Little Video

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Here's a little bit of video from this last weekend in Antlers and the WWATS Hunt. Click on the caption above the pic next to the camera.
http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/1910552.html

It was fun and wound up with a fair amount of silver, a gold coin, and even went panning in the creek (just a little color in the pan but neat all the same.) Also won a few prizes though no detector.

BTW, give it a few minutes to load.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL " WIDE WORLD of Treasure Seekers " They Could Have At Least Got the Name right ;D

COOL VIDEO THO.

Thanks For Posting It.

Jeff

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
LOL, yeah Jeff I caught it too. Guess we're part of the Wide World of Sports. ;D BTW, I'm in there 2 but shows a lousy profile, guess more deep knee bends are in order. ;)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat Stoney!

HAHA! From the looks of some of those hunters techniques...maybe I SHOULD try one of those hunts! LOL! :D

Which one are you Stoney!?

Enjoyed that!

Nana ;)

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice video. Wish more THer's could post videos or at least still pictures.

Oh well, I guess when we're in the field we've got something other than photography on our minds.

Thanks

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Thanks guys. Nana, I'm right there in plain sight, LOL, and it's true that a camera adds 20 pounds. Good thing there was just one camera or I'd be calling Jenny Craig. ;D I was in one background shot and was looking at some literature on the Ace 250.

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
never been to a seeded hunt and i was just wondering if thats how it is done...swing as fast as you can ...with your coil as high of the ground as you want? are the coins really shallow ? and walk as fast as you can and dig like a mad man ? looks like "fun''

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
NE, for the most part that's how it's done. Most are either on top or 1-3" down. Speed is pretty important along with recovery. In the main hunt, there are upwards of of 10,000 targets in the field and maybe 200 people converging into an area the size of a baseball field. There are token targets mixed in for prizes including new metal detectors, some of which are top of the line. All coins are usually silver and you keep what you find. Turn in prize tokens for all kinds of neat stuff from silver rounds, gold coins, gold pans, headphones, diggers, MD's, etc.
There are other types of hunts thrown in like a night hunt-no lights allowed, everything on top, feel for the targets after pinpointing, there are tokens there too. Painted penny hunts where the painted ones are redeemed for gold coins.
Yeah, things get crazy and running around like madmen ;D gets you more exercise than a Tae Bo video. haha. There are raffles for silver rounds, gold coins, etc. These types of events are popular all around the country. Some are small and some have been around for over 30 years. Just look in a W&E mag. under calender of events.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions