Rainy Wheatie Weekend. Other good stuff take a look.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone, Wife helped me get the scanner back on track. I got 13 Wheaties over the weekend. One was a plain 1909 and I also got a 1899 Indianhead penny. I found this item that has a picture of a bridge on it. It says Pittsburgh 1911 on it and the bridge is still in use today. It is the same bridge that leads you to pnc park here in the burgh. Got a clay marble a half of wagon plate dated 1898 or 1896 can't tell. Was mad it was damaged because I collect these plates.

Also found this really odd bullet with these markings on the bottom of the shell. W-W 45-70 GOVT. Some kind of military bullet I think. I found a bullet at the same site that seemed to fit right in the casing really nice. What are the odds though of me finding the case and bullet at the same site. I think I just found a .45 bullet that fits it real well. But I could be wrong. Got a bunch of clad at this old grove. All were solid copper pennies. We only got one merc from the site and a few wheat's. Should have been more there.

Thanks for looking

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• Wheaties.jpg
    Wheaties.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 272
  • wheaties relics.jpg
    wheaties relics.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 274
  • wheaties relics 1.jpg
    wheaties relics 1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great digs, WTG!!!
You always have some really intersting finds. I need to get out of town for a few hunts...
Too bad about the plate, I bet those are something to see in better shape..
Good luck & Happy hunting~

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Wow!!! so many great finds in one outing :o for alot of us this is like a weeks finds...Like the sparkplugs, golfclub head, little copper ring and the thing with the diagonal porcelain stripe, what is that by the way? Any one of these finds would have made my day :)

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
Somebody did a lot of digging and work hard.....

You don't find a 45-70 cartridge very often or never. They pack a punch and carry a lot of ft/lbs of knock down when they hit something.

Whats on the agenda for next weekend.

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
45/70 came out in about the 1870 s . still being made today . winchester western is older cartridge . winchester bought out western cartridge , and used this designation on western cartridges for several years.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good!!!!

Nana ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Weekend There Jer

M

mchamby

Wow you got a lot of stuff, where's the kitchen sink ;D Just kidding. :D Nice Indian. Now that you clean the top layer out maybe if you go back over it you will find those deaper Mercs your looking for ??? HH
Mchamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread