Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Cz's Back, & Better than ever... :)

Hey all,,,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?As some of you know my Cz3D has been in the shop. I got it back today, and it's seems to be working, maybe even, better than before. They said they had to replace the meter and the coil... Only other thing they said was the coil probably had a broken wire inside. I took it out of the box, put it all back together, and turned it on. I was a little worried at first because of some chatter, so I reduced the sensitivity and it helped somewhat. It always acts a little funny in the house, so I took it outsideand it acted a lot better, but my yard has so much trash, it was hard to really see how the unit was acting. So, I decided to call my cousin to see if he was ready to go. He new exactly what I was talking about and ask if the detector came today... After all of the incitement we were on our little marry way to one of our favorite parks. It's the one I call the hunted out park... We have hit this park very hard in the past, but it always seems to at least give us a wheatie, or two...

After we got to the park the machine operated perfectly, no chatter at all, even with the sensitivity crank all the way up... I adjusted the ground balance and we started to hunt. My cousin found the first keeper, a 1911? Wheatie. Next, I hit another wheatie at 6" down. I was very happy to see this, as the machine was doing it's thing. We hunted for a few hours, dig;n some clad, and just before we were getting ready to leave I find a 1923 Mercury dime, and a 40's wheatie in the same hole.? ;D My cousin couldn't let the Cz out do his Explorer II, so he follwed me up by finding a nice 1917 Mercury dime in pretty good condition...

It was great to get back out there, and both of us getting silver just made for a fantactic day...
Can't wait to get back out, as this was the first hunt I had been on in over (6) weeks...
Hope you all had half as good of a day, as I did today...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

oops, almost forgot the pics. Toatal was: a 1923 Merc, 44, 45, wheaties, and 12 cents in cald... :)
And, is it getting SPOOKY in here or what? ;)

Attachments

• RecentF.jpg
    RecentF.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 286
  • Merc23.jpg
    Merc23.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 314
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Cz's Back, & Better than ever... :)

Leon,

your back in business.

Nice finds, silver is always nice.

have a good un..
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AWSOME NEWS LEON, For the Last Half Hour or So I was Thinking,

"I shure Hope he Got it Back By now"

Cool Finds Too !

Jeff

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea Leon!!!

I know your happy to have it back! Great finds today!!!

Nana ;)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

FINALLYi didnt want to say anything but........i wasnt sure if you would survive the withdrawl symptoms!! ;D great to see you back at it............great finds by the way!!

L

lancemxt2006

all in a days work.

nice haul.

HH lance

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

At last! Soounds like you are one happy camper!? Congrats on excellent finds first day out with the fixed Fisher.? Hope you have many many more such days!? It's been so long since I hit a silver coin I think they have become extinct around here.? ?I took the week off to go hunting and already miss it!? Be back at it next Monday with new hope and inspiration from you.? Monty

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Excellent Leon. Was hoping today was the day. Now you can sleep a little easier. HH again

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good deal!

HH

Lonewolfe

R

rvbvetter

Glad to see you got your detector and are back in tune with it again. Great Finds Too!!! WTG!!! HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good to hear you got the detector back and congrats on the silver! HH, Mike

R

rvbvetter

Leon Would you consider doing a detector review of your CZ 3D ? It would help me and maybe others, in knowing what to expect.
Mines due in tomorrow or the next day. HH

L

lancemxt2006

hey leon, i checked out your website. you have some really nice finds. i like your 1852 large cent. i have only found one large cent and it was also a 1852.

great digs.

HH lance

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Hey Leon,
Do you do your own graphics? I've always liked your little pictures.

Nice digs!

Moon

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Re: Cz's Back, & Better than ever... Day 2 :)

Thanks all...
I got back out today, went to the same place. Managed a few No-date Buffalo nickels, and another 41 whetie.
My cousin put the Skunk on me with 3 silver dimes, 2 barbers, one was a 1917 and I'm not sure of the other, and a Roosevelt dime.
It's good to get back out there, for sure.? ;D

rvbvetter,,,I don't know about writing a review,? I am definitely? not a writer.
English never was one of my best subjects, lol...?

Moonshadow,,, The Avatar is a little pic I drew a few years back. I just used Microsoft's Paint brush. Play around with a gif editor a little, but thats? about it. I would like to get a good graphics editor though...

lancemxt2006 ,,, Thanks, My cousin give me the 1852 LC. He's been detecting for about 3 years or so and has found 3 or 4 of those, the lucky dog... ;D

Thanks again all,
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Attachments

• RecentF2.jpg
    RecentF2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 112

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho

Great finds Leon -- bet your more than happy your metal detector is back before the ground freezes solid. Keep at it! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread