SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron P and myself joined forces today to hunt a 100+ year old farm in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. One of the property owners told us about some of the history of the area. The old farm house was torn down and there was an open shelter where it stood, also we were told that Sherman came through the area on his march to Savannah near the end of the Civil War. There was so much land to cover that we decided to spend a few hours on a couple of spots and return another day to hunt the others.
We hunted the area where the house was and found a lot of old nails, a couple of Lincoln cents, part of a straight razor (seems to be made of copper) and scrap metal. Next we hit the plowed up field and found a bunch of farming implement parts such as cotter pins, pieces of plows and various other metal scrap. Lastly we hunted around some old tobacco barns and found some old tractor brake parts and a lot of scrap metal. We also found some huge grubs that would make any fishermans day. The one was at least 3 inches long and about the width of a cigar.
In an old shed we found some old mason jars and nails and junk. I found the old solder can, it has something inside but I can't get it opened to find out what it is. We also found what I think may be the butt plate of a gun stock. I got a nice case of sunburn on my neck too. I can't wait to go back. Enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

• April 26.jpg
    April 26.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 332
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 333
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 323
  • razor pennys.jpg
    razor pennys.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 313
  • solder.jpg
    solder.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 319
  • grubs.jpg
    grubs.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Hey those grubbs are lunch!!

OP
OP
SkyPirate

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
What kind of sound does the can make when you shake it?

Makes a soft slight metalic sound. but has some weight to it. 1.5 ounces

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Cool finds....Sorry you didn't find any silver though. Maybe next time. Let's go fishin!!

HH,
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread