Going for the most unusual find

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't seem to locate any 'relics', but I am still finding unusual stuff for a metal detector.
Last couple weeks were really hectic at work doing simultaneous investigations and admin stuff, so I went to a party area near the university for couple hours after work where some old residential buildings were abandoned in the 70's and are used for storage, thinking I could find some older stuff (UMR was founded in 1870). I found a few newer coins and got a lot of beer can and junk aluminum readings, but I always check around the HUGE old trees and in a grassy spot under one I parted the tall grass on a strong signal and found an almost new Sony Cybershot digital camera (exactly like the pic below) with a 64mg memory stick, MPEG capability and 3 power zoom.
It had some moisture in the viewfinder and some dirt spots, so it had been there for a while, but I put a couple new batteries in and it fired right up and works perfectly.
I called Dispatch to check the serial number in MULES/NCIC (stolen records nationwide) and checked Lost and Found at my dept and the city police and put an ad in the classifieds, but it hasn't been claimed or reported lost/stolen ....................

Attachments

• cybershot.jpg
    cybershot.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0
OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever find a hot fudge sundae???

The other afternoon I was at the sports Field where they have college events, and near the entrance I found a hot fudge sundae! ;) -Dairy Queen........always a good choice........

Attachments

• DQ1.jpg
    DQ1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 341

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COOL FINDS.

OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I'm not using it yet. There's a waiting period for Found items to be officially claimed..................
Most of my pics are scanned in.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. And being an ex-cop I know what hoops you have to jump through to keep it when you do find something good. It's almost exactly like my camera and when you practice with it a little, it will take excellent photos for the forum. Monty

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!

HH

Lonewolfe

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Very cool find! Ya just never know what's going to show up while MDing! ;D I'm curious too about photos that may have been on it. Gotta be careful about that! :o

Happy Haunting!

Moon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow,,, you found something you can actually use...lol WTG!!!
That's a nice looking token too...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pics on it are two with groups of drunken young people and one of someone's finger at EXTREME CLOSE UP..........geez, at least I HOPE that's a finger......................... :-X

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread