Another great day-3 trips 22 coppers at site

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Kirk, Kyle and I got out to a new site that Kyle researched. It had pretty good potential but only produced 1 copper. I found it and it was an 1817 Coronet which corresponded to the time frame of his research. We detected for a couple of hours at this spot and came to the conclusion that it was hit before by someone else. This happens enough here. We arent the only ones looking for vanished homesites. We decided to return to the spot that treated us so good for 2 weeks in a row. I wasn't detecting for more than 10 minutes and pulled out another Coronet for the day. Pieces of pewter spoon parts and then I found a 1 piece rounded eagle button. You can make out the eagles head and neck. The rest is corroded. Not long after that I pulled out a decent KG II copper. My oldest coin found by my Vision. That's 3 coppers for me, 2 for Kyle including a N.J. copper. 3 trips to this site and 22 coppers pulled out. NICE. I've got 14 coppers for the year all ready. I can't wait to hit a new spot .
Chris

PIC00006-6.jpg

PIC00009-3.jpg

PIC00012-3.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
silverfreak said:
Chris...you guys inspire me...seriously. :thumbsup: I never see those types of coins around here. Keep on diggin' buddy.
Thanks Bryce..I'm sure that if these types of coins were found in your area you would have a nice collection by now. You are one of the best detectorists around.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
hikermike said:
Sweet!! Nice looking finds! Keep up the good work!! :thumbsup:
Thanks Mike...I take it by your Tnet name you love hiking. My wife and I go once a week with our cameras and try out different hiking areas.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Derek752 said:
WOW ! CCZ ! ....

That musketball is the bomb ! and the pewter spoon pieces ROCK ! :headbang:

Oh and the coppas ain't to shabby either :icon_thumleft: :icon_salut: :icon_thumright:

KKC may very well be the next generation of datectorists where ya don't need those electronic beepers to locate coppas on colonial sites ..... you'll simply walk onto a colonial site / now cornfield and you yourself will beep over colonial coppa targets ! LOL :laughing9:

Nice hunt :thumbsup:

D.
Thanks D...what a great first half year we are having. Your encouragement is helpful and extremely welcome.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
dfx willy said:
NICE !! NICE VERY NICE! YOU GUYS ROCK. I STARTED OF MY YEAR WITH A 1817 LARGE ALL THE STARS AND MY WOODS HIBERNIA THATS ALL I FOUND FOR LARGE COPPA SO FAR. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK . WILLY.
Thanks Willy..My buddy Paco just got a DFX and is learning it and i'm sure will master it.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Slipperyjack47 said:
You guys always amaze me at finding those old coppers!!! :o I can't wait to see what those visions will pull out next.

HH
Slipperyjack47
Thanks Slipperyjack....Once I got the right coil for my Vision it will never leave my detecting hands.
Chris

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
The Copperheads strike again.... Congrats to you Chris.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a very good spot. 22 coppers?? I'll never achieve that number as long as I live. I'd say the 3 detecta's are doing a superb job finding all of those long, lost coins. Keep the passion high :D

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your most recent digs. Now that you have had a few outings with your Spectra, how would you compare it to what you were using before? The DFX if I remember correctly, wasn't it?

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Neil in West Jersey said:
Congrats on your most recent digs. Now that you have had a few outings with your Spectra, how would you compare it to what you were using before? The DFX if I remember correctly, wasn't it?
Thanks Neil...My previous detector was the XL Pro analog. It is hard to compare the two detectors. The Xl pro is a solid all around detector and served its purpose and still will with me considering I will use it during cold winter detecting when the ground is still diggable. The Vision did not start out being the apple of my eye. I had issues that needed to be addressed. It would chatter and false signal alot which I at first related to it being more sensitive. I couldn't get past it and it troubled me no end to have it singing out for no reason. I called a techie and he told me to switch to the 950 coil. He said it is inherently more stable. I tried it and it was the difference between night and day. What a difference. No more chatter and as far as I am concerned Whites should have made it the stock coil instead of the D2. I am now overjoyed with my machine and am impressed with all the information at your fingertips every time you get a signal from this detector. I waited to go digital until someone came out with a machine that met my neccessary criteria of scanning and giving more information before you dig a plug. It so far is living up to my wildest dreams and then some.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
crazyjarhead said:
Sounds like a very good spot. 22 coppers?? I'll never achieve that number as long as I live. I'd say the 3 detecta's are doing a superb job finding all of those long, lost coins. Keep the passion high :D
Thanks CJH. We are having a time of it for sure. Can't wait to see what's revealed the next time I dig a plug.
Chris

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds you posted, Chris!

Those old coppers get my blood Pumping.  :thumbsup:

The one-piece Infantry button is a cool find too.

Thanks for posting the photo of the rest, my friend.  I always find it interesting to see the non-coin finds.  Sometimes there is a goody or two hiding in there as well. 

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Another day at the Copper Plantation...22 coppers in three trips...OUT!!! STANDING!!! Even tho the button has corrosion, still a beauty!! Love that "old" Eagle on these buttons!!

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs! That's a lot of coppers dropped for one site. Way to go.

Brian

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
BuckleBoy said:
Great finds you posted, Chris!

Those old coppers get my blood Pumping. :thumbsup:

The one-piece Infantry button is a cool find too.

Thanks for posting the photo of the rest, my friend. I always find it interesting to see the non-coin finds. Sometimes there is a goody or two hiding in there as well.

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy
Thanks Buckleboy.. I also cherish the non coin finds. It used to be all about the coins to me. Now it's everything dug that is from the period.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Jack(IN) said:
Another day at the Copper Plantation...22 coppers in three trips...OUT!!! STANDING!!! Even tho the button has corrosion, still a beauty!! Love that "old" Eagle on these buttons!!
Copper plantation...I like that Jack. Yeah i'm pretty excited about the eagle even though it's corroded. We don't find too many militia buttons at these colonial sites.
Chris

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations Chris, Kirk and Kyle. Your all finding lots of nice old coppers
and other relics. roger