Another great day-3 trips 22 coppers at site

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Kirk, Kyle and I got out to a new site that Kyle researched. It had pretty good potential but only produced 1 copper. I found it and it was an 1817 Coronet which corresponded to the time frame of his research. We detected for a couple of hours at this spot and came to the conclusion that it was hit before by someone else. This happens enough here. We arent the only ones looking for vanished homesites. We decided to return to the spot that treated us so good for 2 weeks in a row. I wasn't detecting for more than 10 minutes and pulled out another Coronet for the day. Pieces of pewter spoon parts and then I found a 1 piece rounded eagle button. You can make out the eagles head and neck. The rest is corroded. Not long after that I pulled out a decent KG II copper. My oldest coin found by my Vision. That's 3 coppers for me, 2 for Kyle including a N.J. copper. 3 trips to this site and 22 coppers pulled out. NICE. I've got 14 coppers for the year all ready. I can't wait to hit a new spot .
Chris

PIC00006-6.jpg

PIC00009-3.jpg

PIC00012-3.jpg

Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
3 trips to this site and 22 coppers pulled out.

You guys are the kings of large Coppers!! :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:

Nice digs again, Chris! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes Chris, you three are on a copper roll this year!!! :icon_king:
Neat looking button big guy. I saw the flower button Kyle dug too. Beauty!
Pretty soon you guys will have enough copper coins to pave your sidewalks with them. :tongue3:
-Doug-

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
ModernMiner said:
Holy smokes Chris, you three are on a copper roll this year!!! :icon_king:
Neat looking button big guy. I saw the flower button Kyle dug too. Beauty!
Pretty soon you guys will have enough copper coins to pave your sidewalks with them. :tongue3:
-Doug-
Yeah Doug. I wasn't sure last year was repeatable but we are well on our way.
Chris

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
awesome finds

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris...you guys inspire me...seriously. :thumbsup: I never see those types of coins around here. Keep on diggin' buddy.

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW ! CCZ ! ....

That musketball is the bomb ! and the pewter spoon pieces ROCK ! :headbang:

Oh and the coppas ain't to shabby either :icon_thumleft: :icon_salut: :icon_thumright:

KKC may very well be the next generation of datectorists where ya don't need those electronic beepers to locate coppas on colonial sites ..... you'll simply walk onto a colonial site / now cornfield and you yourself will beep over colonial coppa targets ! LOL :laughing9:

Nice hunt :thumbsup:

D.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
NICE !! NICE VERY NICE! YOU GUYS ROCK. I STARTED OF MY YEAR WITH A 1817 LARGE ALL THE STARS AND MY WOODS HIBERNIA THATS ALL I FOUND FOR LARGE COPPA SO FAR. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK . WILLY.

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
You guys always amaze me at finding those old coppers!!! :o I can't wait to see what those visions will pull out next.

HH
Slipperyjack47

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread