Trick, or Treat!!!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey all,,,
I got out for a few hours today and went to the old, " Hunted out park ", I think I'm going to have to change it's name to, " old faithful " It always seems to give up at least a wheatie. I don't usually post the trash I find, but I thought today I would post a pic of the ones that tricked me, as well as the treats... ;D
All those bottle caps were over 7" down,,, how those newer caps get that deep I'll never know. I ended up with 17 cents in clad, and (4) wheaties,,, The one in the pic, (lower right), is a 1917s with a whole lot of the green patina on it. The other dates are: 37, 38, and a 44. Another above average day for an above average week... ;D
Hope you all have had a Happy Halloween!!!
Good luck & Happy hunting~

P.S. My cousin put the skunk on me again today with a mercury dime. ;D

Attachments

• TrickorTreat.jpg
    TrickorTreat.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 404
Upvote 0

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Leon! Sounds exactly like a "hunted out park" near me, where I usually always find a wheatie. Persistence pays off at hunted out places, as I've discovered.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those treats!!!!!

;)

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks all,,,
Yes Nate,,, I have found that if you hunt very slow, and persistently, you can, and probably will find some goodies at these type of parks...

Jake,,, Yea, that is somekind of iron/steel buckle all rusted away. The two smaller objects with it are pieces of thin brass, I believe they were surrounding the center... They fell apart in my hand as I was pulling it out of the hole...

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Leon,

with those two small brass pieces looks like it could have been the snap of a pair of suspenders, or the snap worn to hold kids gloves. ??

Just a guess.

have a good un.......

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wheaties are good, if you find those you know there is probably some silver! Oops, guess your cousin found it, LOL! HH, Mike

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
youve pulled quite a few goodies out of that "hunted out park" havnt you leon? looks like the cz3d is working great now!!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread