First week and a half with my new ACE 250! Thanks for looking!

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Well after about a week and a half of using my new ACE 250, I have realized why this hobby is so addictive! I didnt realize just how much stuff I had found until I laid it all out on the table. I just want to first of all say how much respect I have for those of you who have been doing this for years and setting the pace and encouraging us newbies. This is a great way to spend your time and just relax. So these pictures below are of all my finds of my first week and a half. The relic pictures are of relics found on the Old Town Square in Pilot Point,TX, and the rest were found in parks and tot lots as you call them. My wife found the first ring and I dug it up and it was a sterling silver toe ring with a cross, and I found my first ring TODAY lol! I am almost sure it is brass, but it is the one that looks like it has a huge ruby in it, and it was fun finding it in the ground! In clad I believe there is almost 5 dollars now, not including the random 2 dollar bills i found on the ground while detecing lol. In the relics you will see an old door hinge and many many old nails, as well as a few items I have yet to identify myself. Then there is always the ol trusty pile of pull tabs! Good times! Thanks for looking guys and thanks for the encouragement! ENJOY and Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• DSCI0557.JPG
    DSCI0557.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 453
  • DSCI1073.jpg
    DSCI1073.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 462
  • DSCI1084.jpg
    DSCI1084.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 450
  • DSCI1087.jpg
    DSCI1087.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 444
  • DSCI1082.jpg
    DSCI1082.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 449
  • DSCI1090.jpg
    DSCI1090.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 465
Upvote 0

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Them pull tab are great aren't they.(LOL)
Congrats on some good finds in a short time :thumbsup:
Welcome to the T-Net

fortbball9

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you been busy with your ACE 250. You are not doing to bad already over $5 in change and a ring. Just think you just ay pay for the detector within the year. Keep on swing and happy hunting...Matt

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
mlayers said:
looks like you been busy with your ACE 250. You are not doing to bad already over $5 in change and a ring. Just think you just ay pay for the detector within the year. Keep on swing and happy hunting...Matt

Yeah I guess the hope of all is to one day pay off the detector lol, but I guess Im just going to try and keep enjoying myself. Thanks for checking out the pics!

JJ
(Newbie)

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
fortbball9 said:
Them pull tab are great aren't they.(LOL)
Congrats on some good finds in a short time :thumbsup:
Welcome to the T-Net

fortbball9

I sure appreciate the encouragement! Its fun just going out each day and really having no idea what you are going to find. Then you dig and dig and dig deeper to only find a pull tab lol! They get me every time! But I have to dig them because rings show up under that column on the good ol Ace.

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
plehbah said:
It is definitely fun.

Those tot-lots will give you some gold jewelry if you stick to it.

Thanks for the encouragement as well! Ive seen some great finds by yourself there! Appreciate you stoppin in to look!

JJ
(Newbie)

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
artzstuff1 said:
Hey,,, I do think you have been bit by the treasure bug!!!! great lookin pile of goodies there,,thanks for sharin your finds,,,,

arthur

Sure appreciate you guys taking a look! It has been a blast and I know there are more good days to come for all of us!

Keep on keepin on!
JJ
(Newbie)

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I think you've been hit by the "treasure bug" too! lol ::)
I didn't realize how much finds you had already pulled up, plus all that change!! You're doing dang amazing! :thumbsup:
And that ring you found today looks alot better on here than the picture you texted me.
I think you need to make the photo size on your phone one size bigger, so I can see the ones you text to my phone clearer.
Plus my phone sucks (for now!) lol

Sweet action man... and listen to what plehbah said about the jewelry at the playgrounds! There really is stuff around the woodchips there!!

It's true though, all your finds are making me feel sucky, 'cause I haven't had the time to get out like you have. :wink:
Hopefully that'll change when I get back to Florida. ;D

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, btw... if those are the old square nails that you are pulling up, hit those areas extra hard wherever you're finding them!!!!

Bran <><

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
Now that is a very good first week! I like the rings! Thanks for the pictures! :thumbsup: Looks like you are off to a very good start! Best of to you! :icon_sunny:

John987

Jan 13, 2009
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Compass X-80 Challenger, Yukon 77B Professional
Very impressive amount of finds!
Congratulations!
It sounds like you're hooked.
If not, you soon will be.
Happy Hunting!

John

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
look on you ring carefull if you see -----925 ----its sterling silver

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
looks like you are doing pretty well for a week and a half.already finding relics and rings thats great

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the comments and hope you get better as time goes on. Learn the machine and find you some spots. Then you will find some good stuff. Nice start :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Thank you to all who have posted and taken time to look! I wish i could get back to each individual comment, but I have to get to work! Gotta pay those bills lol! Its good to be able to share in a hobby with so many different people, and I wish the best to all of you in your MDING. I just keep telling myself to have fun and not worry about whats in the ground, because regardless of what comes up, I am still having a blast! I will be sure to try and stay updated on here as often as possible! Again thank you guys!

JJ
(Newbie)

dirthunter

Apr 9, 2009
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Silver Umax
JJ,

If you think you are hooked now, wait until the gold, and silver your going to find with your Ace. There is alot of history in north Texas. Of course there is more history just north of you in Okla. Ha Ha, just kidding.

HH
Dirthunter

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Keep it up and digg those good signals! I've had mine for 2 months and paid for already in finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread