Small Yard = Small Finds and Small Ring

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
This is my third time to this little yard from 1920, and sadly, these are the best finds from there yet. One of the cents is a 51 wheat, the oldest coin from the yard but it was only an inch deep. I think the chunk of metal is from an old toy car, the deepest find so far at 5 inches. I can't read the stamp on the child's ring and aren't even sure if it is right side up, any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 1920-1.JPG
    1920-1.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 401
  • 1920-2.JPG
    1920-2.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 411
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
My first two hunts there were all for silver, but found none. I keep taking pictures of the ring trying to read the stamp and if you use your imagination on this one it could say STERLING... I keep trying to make out CHINA or TAIWAN but can't do it. I know it's a cheap ring but want to know more!!!

Attachments

• 1920-3.JPG
    1920-3.JPG
    5 KB · Views: 319

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Definately sterling!! Not too many rings made in Berlin! I say sterling for sure. Nice find. Maybe you'll hit something better next time! ;D

Happy Hunting!

Moon

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
;D I would say it said STERLING and that it was not a childs ring. They used to value sterling more and even had wedding rings made in this style. I have some Sorry don't know the year but over 30 years old.
I say nice finds! ;D ;D ;D

HH
Gigi

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

Love the old jewelry!

HH

Lonewolfe

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds SS!!

I think I'll go with sterling too.....

;)

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
sweet ring.
Nice going :)
what does the stone look like to you,
garnet...ruby?
:) HH :)

OP
OP
S

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
Thanks for the replies everyone! No matter what the ring is, it and the Wheatie, and car too, Rob :), are the best finds so far from this yard. The place is for sale, so I will keep hitting it hard until Winter or it sells!!! The car would be nice if the kids would have been nice to it, copyright 1970.... that's 30+ years old!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread