Awesome silver and a 3000 year old copper!!!!!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Made a short hunt the other night and got a few coins so I decided to head back to that area this morning and it was worth it! I had gotten a rosie (64) and a real cool 1920 canadian silver half dime "never new they made them" so I had high hopes this morning and was'nt disappointed. I started with a sweet silver ring, I think it was a kids as its awful small then another rosie a 1946. It was'nt long and indians were appearing, a 1901 IHP and a 1920 buff nickle. I kept working the area back and forth listening for those faint signals like old Silverfreak is so famous for when I popped a nice 1925 SLQ "man those are fun" and the third so far this year! but the best was yet to come..... as I was making my way back to heading home I get a pretty strong copper signal and figured one more can't hurt so the dirt starts flying. After a fairly deep dig I run my Garrett propointer into the hole and get an instant reaction, I fish in the loose sand and come back with a super 3 inch copper conical arrowhead point!!!!!! Wow I have been waiting for this ever since I moved to Wisconsin and man it was sure exciting holding something you know was at least 3000 years ago since it has seen the light of day. Well I hope you all enjoy the pics and my other post of this last months finds.

HH
Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• SLQ and dime group.jpg
    SLQ and dime group.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,501
  • cunuck 5 cent back.jpg
    cunuck 5 cent back.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,500
  • copper arrowhead front.jpg
    copper arrowhead front.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,513
  • copper arrowhead back.jpg
    copper arrowhead back.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,522
Upvote 0

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The arrowhead is amazing. I didn't know they used those here in the U.S. Of course there's lots I don't know but that's beside the point.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
davidtn said:
The arrowhead is amazing. I didn't know they used those here in the U.S. Of course there's lots I don't know but that's beside the point.

I get it! Beside the point!!!! ;D

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Very nice finds, glad you got more out of it!

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I nominate the copper for BANNER!! thats just amazing.

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the conical Jack.i see that map in the background.Sayner's Pub is right around the corner from our place in Big St Germain. Hb

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, outstanding copper point, Jack. :thumbsup: Makes any coin look young, eh? Excellent coins, too!

Keep digging!

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
Slipperyjack47 said:
Wow I have been waiting for this ever since I moved to Wisconsin and man it was sure exciting holding something you know was at least 3000 years ago since it has seen the light of day.

I'm not that up on copper artifacts, how do you know it is at least 3000 years old, if you don't mind?

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
That copper point is really cool ,,,!!!! did it hit just like a coin on your detector??? always wondered if copper artifacts would ring in good now I know!!!

thanks for the show,,,

arthur

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Jack! I'm coming for a visit! :)
Congrats buddy!

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a real cool 1920 canadian silver half dime "never new they made them"

And now you know.......lol

They're referred to a lot as "Fish Scales" because of their size. WTG, I'm still looking for one here!

Also good job on the copper and awesome haul on coins!

HH,
SgtSki

OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
artzstuff1 said:
That copper point is really cool ,,,!!!! did it hit just like a coin on your detector??? always wondered if copper artifacts would ring in good now I know!!!

thanks for the show,,,

arthur

Yep Art it hit just like a copper penny would

Thanks for looking
Slipperyjack47

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome digs my friend! I found the exact little canadian coin in the yard I took you to last year. As for your copper point... :thumbsup:. Unfortunately for you, the quartz arrowhead I found today was 3001 years old...LOL. Seriously though, that is a banner find, along with your buckle, oh yeah lets not forget the coffee can full of coins you have ripped out of your park. Keep up the good work.

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
pronghorn said:
Slipperyjack47 said:
Wow I have been waiting for this ever since I moved to Wisconsin and man it was sure exciting holding something you know was at least 3000 years ago since it has seen the light of day.

I'm not that up on copper artifacts, how do you know it is at least 3000 years old, if you don't mind?

Hello ? ? ? ? ? Is this thing on?

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Congratulations on your Copper Culture Conical point. I once found a copper axe head here on a creek bank in good ole Pa. Once again congrats and I hope you find more.
Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread