Ghost town loser,new change contender? 5000th coin found.

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wednesday, Bula and I headed for a ghost town where previously I had found V nickels,indian head cents, barber dimes and a previously unknown token. After a morning of searching all I had were a few old buttons, bullet shells etc. Bula did not do much better, so we decided to spend the afternoon at a nearby town looking for new change and jewelry. This was a bit better as I found 93 quarters and 26 dimes,17 nickels and 39 cents, also a machine token and a sacagewea dollar for a total of 177 coins in four hours,not bad, especially on the quarter ratio. The first 17 coins I found were quarters and 60 of the first 70, in one hole there were 7 together. I found 2 rings both non silver including a walmart special. Bula also found a large number of coins with many quarters.
At some point in the afternoon I found my 5000th coin of the year. If you want to see my exact numbers on everything click my profile. Ghost town loser? yesterday for sure,new change contender? Judge for yourself. good hunting, Kane 23

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allen, thanks!
It's always nice to go out of town to find new change...Kane 23

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
It was a great day even though the wind blew 30mph. But you never know about ghost towns you always hope to find a little something. Kane I picked up rings # 30 & 31 one junk mood ring and the other 14k. today while out for an hour before I had to leave to go home & wash the windows for the wife.

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
So what type of site gave up all of the quarters and other goodies? Beach? Tot lot? Other? Please share! :)

plumloko

Feb 11, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, Whites XLT
Great to see that you got out of town!
While You and Bula were out playing in the Sagebrush on Wednesday I was in the Hotel pool in St George drinkin Zion Canyon Brew!
I would have given you a call yesterday on my way through Cedar but I had to get up to Panguitch and Bryce then back to Salt Lake.
Talk at ya soon bud!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kane, you are the"coin master" :thumbsup: 5000 coins for 4 1/2 months is pretty darn good in my book. I bet at the end of the year you will have a nice holiday bonus :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plumloco,
Being in the hotel pool was probably more fun and relaxing. Crazyjarhead,you find more of the "Good' stuff than I do. Bula,this is not my year for gold rings! Way to go. Good hunting, kane 23

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Kane,,, you will have to get a two wheel dolly to move all those coins at the end of the year!!!!! or maybe a brinks truck!!! L.O.L.good huntin bud,,,,

arthur

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arthur, Fortunatly I roll them up and spend them as I go, all except the zinc pennies that are to junky and the keepers of course. good hunting, kane 23

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds again as always, and 5000 in May! this is going to be a good year also.

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice going again!
Sheeeeesh, only 5000 coins so far. It sounds like you guys are the only ones with metal detectors in Utah. :icon_jokercolor:
Mike

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,