dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this on a GM history site.
General Motors purchases a half interest in Oakland Motor Car Co. on January 20, 1909. When its founder, Edward Murphy, passes away the following summer, his company comes under the full control of General Motors. In 1932, the Oakland name is dropped from the vehicle line and Pontiac becomes the name of the division.

L

LEVERK5102

? That eagel pin looks just like the button I found a couple of days ago It was a great seal button. Maybe that is a great seal pin ::)? ?Anyways nice eagle.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Kerry

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That "Oaklaqnd" pin is probably very valuable. You should consider doing some more research on it. It's possible a car buff would pay big bucks to get one in that condition to put back on a restored car. 8)

OP
OP
R

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products
Someone stated that it is possibly a watch fob, The condition is immaculate but I would not sell it anyway. Good Hunting!!

OP
OP
R

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products
Thanks alot buckram, that is definitely the same fob and the pin. You havae been a big help!! Good Hunting!!

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Great finds Richg,
The Oakland emblem may be a radiator emblem.
Good luck,
BRD

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Nice going richg. Those are beauts. Buckram, where do you get all of your information. You have helped so many people. Keep it up.....Lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread