My oldest MARBLE so far + other tidbits *Need a Duffytrash marble ID please**
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My oldest MARBLE so far + other tidbits *Need a Duffytrash marble ID please**

Nothing much today, but I had to get out as the weather was 60's, sunny, and there was a great breeze.
    I hit my 1830's CW property and the whole lawn and field was trimmed nice & low. I thought I had picked the place clean, but there were a few things I missed, even BIG pieces.
    I have a few "whats its" if you care to take a guess.
    Any idea what the rusty iron key like piece may be, or the metal (heavy like brass) piece with rim?

In the hole with one of the pieces of metal I noticed a white ball. At first I thought it was another one of those grubs rolled into a ball. It turned out to be a large marble that I think may be clay. Hopefully I can get an ID on it. I would love to know how old it is.

My only coin was a 41' Wheat.

Thanks for looking,
    MM

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-086S.JPG 
Views:	694 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	298952   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-088S.JPG 
Views:	679 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	298953   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-089S.JPG 
Views:	778 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	298954   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-090S.JPG 
Views:	693 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	298955   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-091S.JPG 
Views:	709 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	298956  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-092S.JPG 
Views:	692 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	298957   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-093S.JPG 
Views:	708 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	298958  
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

us
    May 2009
    White's XL Pro 6000
    14 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: My oldest MARBLE so far + other tidbits *Need a Duffytrash marble ID please**

Hey Dug,

Oh yeah, that clay marble is nice. I still have not found one, even though I'm always scanning my head in search of those non-metallic relics. That 1830s property still has some Colonial coins on it. Isn't that where you got your cut Spanish silver?

Kyle

Re: My oldest MARBLE so far + other tidbits *Need a Duffytrash marble ID please**

Quote Originally Posted by KylePA
    Hey Dug,

Oh yeah, that clay marble is nice. I still have not found one, even though I'm always scanning my head in search of those non-metallic relics. That 1830s property still has some Colonial coins on it. Isn't that where you got your cut Spanish silver?

Kyle
    Kyle,
    Great memory. Yep, this is the place I dug the Spanish silver piece, the eagle sword belt plate, and my only LC (no date).
    There was a one day CW battle on this location at the end of the CW. Looks like it's still giving up a few relics though. That darn wheat was DEEP! I was hoping for an older coin in the bottom of the hole, but it showed me that the Mighty Tesoro still could hold it's own.
    Maybe the marble is really a CW kidney stone?
    Take care buddy,
    Doug
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

us
    Dec 2007
    Texas, Old River Winfree
    Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
    118 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Love the marbles, and other relics. Congrats......

us
    Mar 2007
    SW Michigan
    Explorer SE
    546 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Very cool marble, Doug! That would make my day.

HH
    Listen-- are you breathing just a little, and calling it a life?
    - Mary Oliver

us
    Dec 2007
    Georgia
    1265X and Tejon
    11 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Is that "potential" plate possibly the lead part of the back? Looks like lead to me.
    Newt

us
    I look foward to Coin Hunting anytime I get a chance...

Jan 2008
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Garrett Ace 250
    4 times

That appears to be from some sort of locking mechanism... Cool marbles, some people say I lost mine. Maybe you just found them... Congrats and HH
    Best Find Yet: 1853 $1 Gold Piece & Abe Lincoln Re-Election Pin 1864

Quote Originally Posted by Newt
    Is that "potential" plate possibly the lead part of the back? Looks like lead to me.
    Newt
    Newt,
    The piece is cast brass. The back was just dirty in the picture.
    Thanks,
    MM

Jan 2007
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Whites Vision Spectra
    21 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Nice marble Doug and whatever you do don't misplace them. Then you would have lost your marbles (not that you havent already)
    Chris

us
    Jan 2008
    NorthWest Ohio
    Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
    2315 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I have found quite a few of the white clay marbles in farm fields, I have never found any info on them though. Hope someone knows something about them, would benefit us both! Nice finds

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    2876 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

The round things are marbles I bet your wife thought that you bent over and your brain fell out-Smaller marble of course. Nice finds and HH!!!
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

us
    Sep 2007
    N. San Diego County
    Ace 250
    42 times
    Metal Detecting

Nice old clay marble and other one is nice too. Post it on marble section forum and someone will help you. Nice digs on other relics. No help.........sorry

us
    Apr 2006
    Bellevue, WA
    Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
    21 times

Love the marble! Glad you got out!
    Anyone can make life interesting you just have to go out there and do things instead of sitting on your butt doing nothing. Second quote: Life is about trying new things not just standing around.

us
    Apr 2007
    Southern CA
    Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
    13 times

Hey Doug.

Your clay marble reminded me of my only clay marble find at an old park. I found mine in a plug that had a wheatie in it. I've been told that the clay marbles were created in the 1880's-'90s. Mine is smaller than yours, and has an orange color.

Nice find! You're due for another fantastic find!!

Keep The Passion High!

CAPTN SE
    Dan

us
    Mar 2007
    Utah
    Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
    5 times

They've made clay marbles since ancient times, i've found hundreds of them mostly in old dumps. Good hunting, kane 23
    "Ride boldly ride" the shade replied if you search for El Dorado

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links