Suspense/Anticipation, about to get the best of me.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey all,,,
Went out to the cache site for a just over an hour yesterday. The place is driving me crazy, the suspense, and anticipation is too much... ;D The first target I dug was a 1909 wheatie. I couldn't tell if it had the initials ( V.D.B. ), because of the crud that was on it. I didn't want to scratch it by trying to clean in the field, so I stuck it in my pouch and waited until I got home. :-\ So, while swinging, and thinking about the penny, I got another hit that sounded just about like the cache hit did, BOOM!!!, up goes the heart beat.
I dug down to a depth of about 9" and hit a metallic object. It looked like another lid, BOOM!!!, up goes the heart beat again.
I brushed the dirt away and pulled it out of the hole. It was just a lid.? :-[? I scanned the intire area to try and find the rest of it, but had no luck. Down goes the heart beat... :P? I ended up finding to more wheaties, a 1919, and a 1938, and after finally getting to clean the 1909, I could tell it did not have the initials on it.? :'(? It was just an hour long hunt, but it felt like I was rung through the ringer... ;D
Hope ya all had a fun hunt.
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Attachments

• 110505.jpg
    110505.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 299
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Leon.

It Dosn't sound Like a Bad day.

Congrats On the Wheats

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Leon,

could that lid be off a compact?

have a good un.........

Attachments

• compacts.JPG
    compacts.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 325
OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Na,, it was a fun hunt Jeff,,, just a little sarcasm...

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS,,, I believe thats what it is, not sue. It seems to look just like what you have there. The little pin/button on the lower left will push in to open it and there is a place for a hinge on the other side. Looks like it might be the mate to what you have there... I wonder if the cache is someplace between here and there... ??? ;D

Thanks all,,

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Leon.,

more pics.

If it is the same you have the top part, with the pip.

Bottom says, "TURNERS", it is a rouge compact, have not been able to get a good date on it yet.

have a good un....................

Attachments

• c1 (Small).JPG
    c1 (Small).JPG
    39 KB · Views: 334
  • c2 (Small).JPG
    c2 (Small).JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 322
OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
The "pip",, is that what ya call' em? looks a little different, but the design on the top sure looks the same. This one is right at 3" in diameter, and a little over a 1/4" tall... Probably made by the same company I would say...
Good luck with the info, I'll see what I can find out...
I just realized it's 8:58 Sunday Morn'n, temp is around 62, and I'm sitting here typing instead of hunting...lol
I got to put the coffee down and get busy...

Attachments

• PipHinge.jpg
    PipHinge.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 280

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds Leon!!!

Love your avatar! ;)

Nana ;)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs!

hh

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Cool finds!! I wonder what the odds of finding two caches at one site are?? probably good seeing that if they could hide one they may hide another?

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Nice finds.

This weather is a unexpected gift. Use it up while ya can. Good luck at the site.

HH,

DugHoles

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
JakePhelps said:
Cool finds!!? I wonder what the odds of finding two caches at one site are??? probably good seeing that if they could hide one they may hide another?

I may be doing some wishful thinking, but at this paticular site, I would say there's a good chance of it... ;D

Thanks Nana,, I think I might just go ahead and try to do one for every holiday...

Thanks all,,, and DugHoles, this is some really great weather we've had lately, except for the tonando that just went through the southern end of the state. Are prayers, and best wishes, go out ot all...

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
You just never know. I carried a cache around in the field and had know idea until I got home. All that was on my mind was hitting some old coins.

Keep at it

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread