Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I might have finally found part of the French/Prussian battle site!.I found 7 musket balls,a "Koppelhaken"which is used to help support weight on a belt ,swards? or other equipment.It has a lion on it .I think it is french.5 buttons ,one has an anchor with a crown on it.One one is a coat button. 6 coins but they are not old enough to be from the battle. Three are one phennings 1890something,1935 ,and I think the other is a 1942 but not sure,it has a swastika on it,also found a 1877 two phenning( which I had never found before :)) and a 1923 50 phenning (very? common)and a 1940 10 phenning with a swastika.I have found a few of these but this is the first one in good shape! :) I found one small brass buckle also .I had a blast!!One of the minnie s has a hole drilled into it.Strange. I think I found a homemade child's ring also ,I think it is silver but not sure. I wish I would have found this spot yesterday so I could have hit it two days in a row. My wife is coming back this week from visiting family so the hunting time is going to start hurting.It was a good run.LOL I am going to try to get some pics up soon .Hope all is well and happy hunting.I justed added a pic.It is pretty bad.My camera is like half a megapixal so I will repost in a couple of days with some closeups.Sorry got to wait on wife to get back with the other camera.

Attachments

• battle site 013.jpg
    battle site 013.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 538
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Relics/coins

Sounds nice, where's the pics!?

We want pics!!

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the pic,best I can do with my camera .I will take close ups when the other camera comes home. It was a good day but ,boy does my back hurt :-\.LOL?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATES!!!! ;D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your hunt was fun with a few nice surprises, kept your interest for sure! HH, Mike

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Bird,

very nice group of artifacts; good job on finding the site

Looking forward to you posting more photos.

A minnie with a hold drilled into it? Think it would make a noise? (early terror weapon?)

have a good un......

R

rvbvetter

Very cool finds!!! The largest coin, is it half dollar size? Do they give about the same signals as U.S. currency? Get the I D yet? Dang......can't think of any more questions. WTG!!! HH

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The largest is a brass coat button.It pegged the meter out. Still waiting on the ID Excel.I sure could of used .Lots of iron at this site .The older coins read about the same as in the states a lot of the newer ones read as foil. I am going to try to get some pics up soon. HH

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
A really great site, birdman!

I have a friend who was stationed in Germany back in the 60's and he said they bulldozed up a giant hoard of swastika coins while doing reconstruction work.

As I recall they where in something similar to a 50 gal sized drum.

During and at the end of WWII it is likely that hundreds of millions of dollars in coins and jewelry were buried in Germany and throughout Europe. Most likely a large percentage of these caches are still there today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread