Found an Indian at the old homesite taday. Brought him home with me.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Made another little hunt at the old homesite today, and found a 1901 indian head. Also picked up an old pocket watch. Found what I believe to be part of the rigging for a buggy, and a box handle. Found two of the same on my last hunt. Really enjoying this cool weather we are having. Added a couple of pictures where the old homeplace is. Just below the hill ia the river. On the oposite side of the river is where I found the Texas buttons.

Attachments

• 944128284211_0_ALB.jpg
    944128284211_0_ALB.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 514
  • 744128284211_0_ALB.jpg
    744128284211_0_ALB.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 514
  • 464128284211_0_ALB.jpg
    464128284211_0_ALB.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 514
  • 254128284211_0_ALB.jpg
    254128284211_0_ALB.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 513
  • Homesite.jpg
    Homesite.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 517
Upvote 0

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OLD RIVER u always turning up some great old stuff!! KEEP IT UP!! thanks for post!! HH mainerelic

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the area the site I'm hunting. I didn't even know there was an old homesite there until I got permission to hunt the property. The owner told me there was a pear tree in the middle of that field where an old homesite use to be. Did I ever get a grin on my face. Its clean, and the only guest I have is six horses. We get along good together. I will be going back again soon. Hope to find more to show. The area is about seven acres, and the area where the house was is about one acre. I wish the watch could have been in better shape, but I'm happy with it. I would like to find more coins though. I will be displaying all my finds at the "Old River Winfree Foundersday" event on July 24th, and 25th. We are going to have a lot going on then. Anyone want to drop by you will be welcome. I will be inside the community building with my display. I would love to meet some of you.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old River said:
I love the area the site I'm hunting. I didn't even know there was an old homesite there until I got permission to hunt the property. The owner told me there was a pear tree in the middle of that field where an old homesite use to be. Did I ever get a grin on my face. Its clean, and the only guest I have is six horses. We get along good together. I will be going back again soon. Hope to find more to show. The area is about seven acres, and the area where the house was is about one acre. I wish the watch could have been in better shape, but I'm happy with it. I would like to find more coins though. I will be displaying all my finds at the "Old River Winfree Foundersday" event on July 24th, and 25th. We are going to have a lot going on then. Anyone want to drop by you will be welcome. I will be inside the community building with my display. I would love to meet some of you.

That's good news OR. Happy hunting in the future. Hope you find some more goodies there as an acre is a lot of hunting :icon_sunny:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old River said:
I will be displaying all my finds at the "Old River Winfree Foundersday" event on July 24th, and 25th. We are going to have a lot going on then. Anyone want to drop by you will be welcome. I will be inside the community building with my display. I would love to meet some of you.

That's a great idea, River! You've found some really nice things to display. I'm sure everyone will enjoy seeing the history you've dug up. :)

Congrats on the finds

Nana

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Awesome finds and relics!

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
i'm always happy to find an Indian, too!D thanks for the good pictures- hope you keep finding the good stuff!

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Nice hunt Old River. I've been told those box handles as you call them are actually "D" rings off a saddle. I've not found a pic of a saddle with that type D ring yet. I've found a few of them and keep them for future reference.
Randy

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've read where they were ammo box handles. I found one that had another piece of metal attached to it like it would be fastened to a tub of some kind. I like your explanation though. sounds good. Thanks.

Miningtown

Apr 22, 2009
Argyle, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI PRO sl, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Old River. Nice looking IH......Looks like you have a great spot to keep you occupied for quite a while..beats battling the snakes and poison ivy in the woods!

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes i've retreated from those woods, or should I say swamps for awhile. There's all kind of critters in there. Today I took my tractor, and brush cutter, and cleared a few briar patches out. I just might get up tomorrow, and check it out. This is how I've found a lot of my finds.Thanks for looking.

Old River

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread