3 More Rings From Elementary School Today & A Beautiful 1924 Merc!!

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005
3 More Rings From Elementary School Today & A Beautiful 1924 Merc!!

Hey everyone. I went back to the elementary school that I went to yesterday again today. All I can say is that I glad I did, even thought my gator tool finally broke >:(. I guess the guys at Kellyco did not field test it in Montana soil lol. Anyways they have a lifetime guarantee, so I will call them tomorrow and have them send me a new one. I found no wheaties today, but did prove there is silver where there is wheaties. This is the nicest and oldest mercury dime I have found to date. It is my 3rd and it is a 1924. The school was built in 1901, and I have a ton of ground left to cover still, so I am sure there will be more silver coinage and rings to come. The gold initial ring is 10k gold filled and was about 6 inches deep. The ring with the stone missing is sterling silver and was also about 6 inches deep and was found right after the mercury dime. I believe the four diamonds left in it are real, to bad the big stone is missing :(. I did bring home the dirt to check for the stone, I will let you all know if I find it. I doubt I will though, as the ring looked as if it had a battle with the lawnmower years ago. I did manage to fix it with my ring mandrel though. The aluminum ring is the other one I found today. The ring with the opals and single diamond still left in it was found in a co-workers back yard and is 18k HGE (Heavy Gold Electoplated). This dime looks almost uncirculated with amazing details still left on the coin. It was deep, at about 7 inches. It also made the fact that my digging tool broke worth all of the while. I also found a bullet, a whatzit, 91 cents in clad and quite a bit of trash (not pictured). All in all not to bad for about 2 1/2 hours hunting. I wanted to stay longer but my tool broke and I did not have a backup. Hope you guys enjoy the pics and Happy Hunting as always of course.

Thanks for Lookin,
Loren Farrar
Founder http://www.easystopgiftshop.com

Attachments

• Rings110605.JPG
    Rings110605.JPG
    5.7 KB · Views: 534
  • 1924mercfront&back.JPG
    1924mercfront&back.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 590
  • BrokenGatorDiggingTool.JPG
    BrokenGatorDiggingTool.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 584
  • 110605clad.JPG
    110605clad.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 584
Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
OP
OP
luvmydfx

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005
Re: 3 More Rings From Elementary School Today & A Beautiful 1924 Merc!!

No, the ground is not frozen here yet. Although we have had one snow, but it did not last too long. It is just from digging all summer long in the hard Montana clay. HH

treasurebum1

Jan 12, 2005
flora ms.
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gti2500 whites vision
Re: 3 More Rings From Elementary School Today & A Beautiful 1924 Merc!!

NICE FINDS IF YOU BOUGHT YOUR DIGGER FROM KELLYCO THEY WILL REPLACE IT FO FREE,I BROKE ONE AND THEY SENT ME A NEW ONE DID NOT EVEN HAVE TO PAY FREIGHT ON IT. THIS APLIES TO THE GATOR ONLY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread