Last Hole Of The Day Gives Up Barber Quarter

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone, Got out today for about 3 hrs. Didn't get out yesterday because I was to beat up from working nights all last week and taking care of my boys in the day. So I got up early today energized and ready for a hunt. Was out the door at 6:45 a.m and that's rare for me anymore.

Wanted to check this old high school I used to go to. Hunted it for about 1 hr and got 2 deep wheat's in the 8 or 9 inch range. Found a nice purple and white marble. About 1.50 in clad and some relics all in one small section.

Will go back soon. Wanted to test it. Lot of area to cover and I wanted to line a new spot up. Since the old grove I've been working is only a few blocks away I decided to go hit that for a few hrs.

Got 3 wheat's there a nice old skeleton key a clay marble and a 1903 v-nickle. I also found what appears to be a coin but it was so worn down I can't tell anything. It looks like a button. It is a hair smaller than a nickle and a hair thinner. Has no trace of a shank or co. on it and has a slight bend like a button has. But it just seems to be more like a coin to me. Foreign if anything. Hit a penny dime on the dfx.

Was on my way out of the grove and got a nice 86 hit at 4.5 inches. Dug down and out popped this really black barber quarter. I had to clean it because it was so bad. No S mint mark. That would have made my year but that made my day. It was the last coin found today and I was just about to leave and hit it at the entrance of the place like it was looked over.

All the other hunters were to eager to hunt just the middle of the lawn. They were somewhat lazy back then. I find alot of coins right up against tree's and bush lines. Real tough targets to pick up. It tells me someone was there before me. They just weren't as good as I am. Plus technology has come through since it's been hunted I'm sure.

Thanks for looking

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• Scan10010.JPG
    Scan10010.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 406
  • Scan10012.JPG
    Scan10012.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 406
  • Untitled-Duplicated-01.jpg
    Untitled-Duplicated-01.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 404
  • Untitled-Duplicated-03.jpg
    Untitled-Duplicated-03.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 404
Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice finds Jer. A wheat penny at 8-9 inches?! Wow. You using the stock coil? What about the program - EEPROM deep silver? I have been spending more quality time with my significant other(DFX) and have noticed my finds increasing.

Bob

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005
Nice finds Jer. I always enjoy seeing your finds. I have yet to find a barber quarter myself. HH

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Nice digs, Jer!

Looks like you did a lot of digging!

Still looking for my 1st Barber Quarter...

Congrats buddy!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WOW!! :o What a great find!! Love the key......and the key hole! Would love to find goodies like that!

Happy Hunting,

Moon

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Nice quarter, too bad it wasn't an S mint mark. I think they call it brush hogging, getting right up next to the tree and close around the bushes, as most past hunters covered the easy to get to locations and overlooked those tight spots. I know it has paid off for me over the years. Sensational find!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks alot everyone. I love finding barber quarters. Even though this one is in normal ground condition they never get old. A barber quarter was worth something back then and I know someone felt the lose of that one.

It was in good rich black top soil. I can get those depths in those conditions. Rocky ground tends to stop coins in the 4-6 inch range. That is the most common types of soils I hunt. The dfx set up right will hit them that deep. You need alot of experience to know how they read.

Jake that is a small plate that goes on a door for the key to go into.

I use the eeprom high pro program on the unit. I have made mods to it and I love it. I have it figured out really well for my area. Never needs adjusted and when it does it's just to get more out of a spot. Sweep speed very key adjustment on the unit. Recovery speed very important.

Thanks again

HH Jer

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice barber, good digs!

hh

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread