Could be a first...gold ring on 1st day

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been following this forum for a couple of weeks, hoping someday to get a MD. We'll it's my anniversary, and my wife gave me a BH Lonesstar lact night before I gave her a card, on which I had time to write:Anything I fid is yours". Today, after the Charger game I went to the local kid's park, and tried to remember the instructions. I was hearing all kinds of noise, and manage to find some discolored dimes and pennies, so I put it on auto notch and the noise went away. I thought it wasn't working so I took off a ring and passed over it successfully. I approached the far side of a swing, where a parent might stand and immediately got a hit. I dug a few inches, the signal disappeared. Searching the residue, one small clump of damp woodchips sang out, and I picked it up, and shredded it apart, and out popped a woman's wedding band, with "18K" stamped on the inside. Only 1 hour and 30 minutes hunting, and success allready. Can't wait to get to the SD beaches.
;D

Upvote 0

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
WOW....now thats how you get started in MDing. Your gonna be hooked now......... ;)

Welcome to the site. Look forward to seeing your pics.

GL & HH,

DugHoles

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
congrats!!Now your wife will be pushing you out the door like mine did when I brought home my first gold.The fever started early!!HHNATE

OP
OP
bobinsd

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to finish the story. ...Of course, my wife insisted that I bought the ring, but when I showed her the coins, she gladly took the ring as per my agreement and it fits her perfectly. I don't think I'll have trouble next time I want to go MDing. My camera is at the office. ?I'll send a pic tomorrow. ?I got many hits at this site, but didn't want to dig up the grass. Is there a trick to measuring depth?
;D

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Yeah, buddy! You're hooked for life now!

Keep at it!

Congratulations! And Happy Anniversary, too! Great find!

IrishCharlieM

Oct 20, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Nice find....and welcome to our obsession........

I miss San Diego I am a S.D. native living in Virginia Beach now.....but have no fear they just opened "The First" southern california style Taco Shop here serving authentic Carne Asada burritos......just like home...lol

Go Chargers.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Welcome to the forum!! Lots of newbies on here today. :D

You've probably topped alot of us here by finding gold on your first time out!! You'll have your MD mastered in no time!

Way to go!

Happy Hunting!

Moon

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
Welcome to the forum bobinsd, you are cetainly off to a good start. Congratulations on your first ring, and gold at that. Can't wait to see the picuture.

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
Way cool, I need something like that to get or keep me going.
Lately all I find is frustration and a sore back.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cha-CHING! ;D

Nice way to start!

HH

Lonewolfe

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d