Seeded Garden sprouts SILVER after the early morning sunrise

Mike K in Va.

Jun 28, 2008
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & MXT E Series
1.jpg This was seeded hunt at Virginia Beach by Tidewater Coin and Relic Club, so I loaded up the wife and grandbabies and we took off. vab4.jpg This was what I found from the warm up hunt. 5.jpg
Includes 1 Silver Kennedy Half, 4 Silver Quarters, 1 Mercury Dime, 6 Silver Rossies, 8 V Nickels, 10 Buffalo Nickels, 8 Indian Head Pennies, 33 Wheat Pennies. vab3.jpg I also found 6 tokens. One token was good for a Kellyco Hat, Pouch, Towel, & Digging Tool and a $5.00 bill. Token two was good for the same thing. Token Three was good for a .999 silver round and was The American Prospector. The Fourth token was for a 1879 Morgan Silver Dollar. The Fifth was good for a 1964 Uncirculated Set. Token Six was good for 1962 proof set. They give away lots of other goodies, 4.jpg that I didn't win, but had a great time and meet a lot of people that shared our intrest. The people in the club and the other MD'ers super nice and friendly. 2.jpg Then after the hunt me and the grandbabies went out to dig a hole as they call it, and we found a little clad and 3 rings and a earring. Grandbabies had never been to the beach, and they said," Papa, this is the worlds largest sand box". 3.jpg

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 998
Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hey Mike,

Im sorry I missed you. I am a member of said club, but I did not make it to the hunt. I am glad to see you came and had a good time. Maybe we will meet if you make it here again sometime.

Anthony

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
My first hunt was as a member of that club in 1987 I think!! A member at the time until I was transfered to Japan. Great club and great people!!

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Looks like you had a great time with the wife and the grand-kids.You did very well SILVER.
Congrats.
This might be a dumb question but what is a seeded hunt.

fortbball9

OP
OP
Mike K in Va.

Mike K in Va.

Jun 28, 2008
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & MXT E Series
Jack(IN) said:
My first hunt was as a member of that club in 1987 I think!! A member at the time until I was transfered to Japan. Great club and great people!!

Japan....WOW thats a long ways from VA Beach. Hope you found some goodies while there.

OP
OP
Mike K in Va.

Mike K in Va.

Jun 28, 2008
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & MXT E Series
fortbball9 said:
Looks like you had a great time with the wife and the grand-kids.You did very well SILVER.
Congrats.
This might be a dumb question but what is a seeded hunt.

fortbball9

Yes we had a ball. The grandkids keep us hopping.
A Seeded hunt is a club/group gets together and buys a lot of silver, clad and gold sometimes even relics and plant them or so to speak just toss them in the sand like an Easter Egg hunt then the other MDers take out their detectors and go hunting, this is a timed hunt. Most of the more exspencive items are planted with tokens, then you turn in your tokens for such items. Different tokens are for different prizes from Gold to Medal Detectors, etc..
Thanks for looking and always remember no question is a dumb question! I just learned what one was a year ago. Happy Hunting.

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Thanks Mike,
I thought that is what you was talking about but I wasn't forsure.

fortbball9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread