Good day for some Bullets and great buy!!

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well went out to some woods behind a piece of property that has produced lots of goodies in the past and got onto a hotspot. I took my brother in law with today as he is new into the MD world and he had a great day, he got 3 3 ringers and 2 enfields and what look like a piece of lead shaped like a dog or a horse. And I got 6 3 ringers 2 of which are smashed, but we had a great day and was thrilled to dig his 1st cw era bullet, he did the happy dance all 5 times to, he got the 2 enfields out of the same hole. ;D

Now on to the other part he works at a pretty good sized plant down here and one of his buddies told him he had a 12 pounder at his house that his dad found many moons ago and was using it as a door stop, and asked Jason if he wanted to buy it, Jason of course said yes so he paid the man $10 bucks for it, now when I saw it for the 1st time today, my gears were turing but nothing was clicking, :icon_scratch: :icon_study: so I have taken a pic of it, its def. a 12 pounder but wheter its period and original I dont think so, I pretty sure that its a reproduction or some sort of advertisment. Any help on it would be appreciated. But we had a great day for only 4 hours to hunt. :icon_sunny:

Thanks and HH to all

Cw

Attachments

• lead from today 172.JPG
    lead from today 172.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 522
  • lead from today 173.JPG
    lead from today 173.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 512
  • lead from today 174.JPG
    lead from today 174.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 516
  • lead from today 175.JPG
    lead from today 175.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 513
  • lead from today 176.JPG
    lead from today 176.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 524
Upvote 0

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree, great day

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Looks like it says HEALTH WAYS, makes me think it was some sort of weightlifting weight. The filled square hole could be where it was attached to something to lift it? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
at1cad said:
Looks like it says HEALTH WAYS, makes me think it was some sort of weightlifting weight. The filled square hole could be where it was attached to something to lift it? :icon_scratch:

Yea I know but the square hole is filled with lead I dunno :)

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cwdigger said:
at1cad said:

Maybe it was over or under weight at a meet. So they drilled it out and got it up to the proper weight so that they could continue using it.

But yeah, it's a shot put.

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
bscofield6 said:
cwdigger said:
at1cad said:

Maybe it was over or under weight at a meet. So they drilled it out and got it up to the proper weight so that they could continue using it.

But yeah, it's a shot put.

Allright so 3 of us have agreed that its a shot put, ;D well how bout this anyone have any idea who would have sold something like this antique store maybe :icon_scratch: Thanks Guys for the replies I really app. them :occasion14:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice haul of lead there Matt.....Anything in the Enfield's? Ty and I got out for a little bit,couple bullet's and that's it.Talk to you soon Bud

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt,
Great job on the CW relics guys. :thumbsup: A super day indeed.
Like Civil said, anything inside those Enfields? :icon_scratch:
Congrats,
MM

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No unfortunally not, I was hopeing for a plug and some numbers but not this time, Thanks for the replies guys ;D

Cw

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Without any doubt that is a 12 lb. shot putt. But with the wording facing the ground nobody will be the wiser if you just put it in the yard. I had one by my pond until one day when it vanished without a trace. I've purchased two shot putt "cannonballs" at different yard sales. Sorry about it not being a authentic cannonball but what the hey it's still worth ten bucks any day.

JRich

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Very nice pile of CW lead,congrats on a great hunt.
I agree with the shop-put theory.

fortbball9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread