Special day - What I didnt find

tabking

Greenie
Jul 13, 2006
Special day - What I didn't find

Not much to photograph, 4 quarters, 6 dimes, 2 nickels and 36 pennies (one wheatie). Only had about 2 hours to hunt a modern campsite, but had lots of fun finding clad. It was all ding, ding, dig for 48 coins in less than 2 hours. Most of the area was mulch covered, so digging and refilling holes was very easy. Most of the coins were 1" or less. The finds were not that special, but what made my day was what I didn't find!

I had the Ace 250 set on Jewelry/coin mode and dug every good signal. The amazing things I did not find were:

Zero - pull tabs (even the iffy signals turned out to be coins) ;D
Zero - Foil ;D
Zero - rotten Zincons. Found several Zinc cents, but all of them were in good shape. ;D

I only dug one piece of trash, a brass snap/button that gave that almost gold signal.

Upvote 0

jsandin

Nov 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Special day - What I didn't find

plehbah said:
Why bother digging pennies but not looking for gold?

I would rather find 100 pulltabs with the chance of finding gold, than to find 100 pennies with no chance of finding gold.

Know what I mean?

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Well said. That's why I don't feel so bad when I empty yet another double handful of muddy canslaw into my trashcan.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

plehbah said:

I would rather find 100 pulltabs with the chance of finding gold, than to find 100 pennies with no chance of finding gold.

Know what I mean?

powerful advice right there

OP
OP
T

tabking

Greenie
Jul 13, 2006

plehbah said:

Know what I mean?

Not at all.

In fact, I agree with you. The reason I posted this is because this site was Sooo... CLEAN. I was digging every signal on Jewelry mode. Even signals that bounced from tab to coin came up coins.

I am not good enough to dig only coins even if I tried to cherry pick signals. I didn't dig any tabs, 'cause I didn't detect any tabs. That is what was amazing about the site.

Most days, Tabs love me. Sometimes, I would swear that they just jump in my pocket all by themselves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions