I Ought To Sell My Detector!!!!

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
I've just bought a new Ace 250 and have had it out about 4 or 5 times and found maybe around $1, including a 193? wheat penny.? Sweetie (my wife) has a nice little eBay business going.? Well, she went out today to the thrift stores and bought a J. Renee' matching set of shoes and purse (hang with me, folks!!).? The pic is attached. She figures she should get about $100 or better for them. Not a bad return on a $3 purchase. But the kicker is the second pic!! After a hard hour of detecting in my back yard and finding a whopping 4 cents in memorial pennies, she was showing me her finds from the thrift stores and showed me the purse and shoes. She then opens the purse and reaches in to feel around....and pulls out the 2nd pic! Ain't that something!!! WOOHOO!!!! That's my Sweetie! Of course she gave it to me. ;D What a gal! I ought to sell my detector and head to all the thrift stores and feel around in the purses! It'd be a lot cooler cuz of the a/c in the stores, no? Awwwww, ok, I'll keep detecting. Someday I'm gonna find a gold coin or ring worth major bucks!

HH, ya'll!!

Attachments

• 11-7-05B.jpg
    11-7-05B.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 642
  • 11-7-05A.jpg
    11-7-05A.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 617
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Keep up that positive attitude and you will. Wife must love you to throw you a 50.00. You know you got a good woman on your hands. My wife would have done the same or atleast shared it with me.

HH Jer

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal!

HH

Lonewolfe

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Great post!

I had a simular thing happened to me a couple years ago. It was not $50 but it was nice.

Ebay is the place to make easy money if one knows what one is doing. I totally support my THing hobby and get all my spending loot from ebay profits. I probably blew $5,000 last year on ebay goodies.

However, many times I buy stuff for resale. Recently I bought a token off ebay for $15 and resold it for $125. Many people list red-hot items as BUY-IT-NOW and they have no idea of it's true worth.

THing is fun and good exercise, but not really a big profit deal.

My biggest deal was a rare 1936 children's 78 record set I bought from our local library for $1 and got $365 for it on ebay.

detectoman

Jun 7, 2004
Southern California
Hang in there, your going to start finding some good items with your detector. My wife also finds goodies at thrift stores and I'll sell them on ebay now and then. She bought a collapsable cup at a yard sell that read pat. date june 5, 1861 with the lid, she paid $1.00 and it sold for $159. on ebay, so tell your wife to keep looking....Jim

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Keep the detector & YOUR WIFE! Sounds like a good one. Mine would have said" Wow! Look what I found. I have to go put it in my savings account. See you later honey."
Spotz

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Not bad! $147 profit on a $3 outlay. 8) Treasure is where you find it and sometimes where you can't. I know approximately where $500 is at but can't find it. A local LE officer stashed money for an anniversary trip to Hawaii in an old pr of boots that his wife threw out not knowing since it was a suprise. He spent 2 wk on days off looking in the local landfill. Still there.

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
Keep the Wife and keep the detector, take the detector out and find something nice for the wife, lots of jewelry out there for you to find for her! You definitely have a good one congrats! 8)

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WOW!!!! Gotta love that!!

My ex mother in law bought a transistor radio for 2 dollars once and sold it on EBay for 395.00!! You just got to know what your doing! I'm going thrift store shopping right now!! ;D

HH,

Moon

T

tallpaul

and thats without a detector, what a women, take her out with you may give you luck, HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread