Backyard Finds

R

Rookiebob

This is a lot of the stuff I had been finding in my own backyard. I found out that this property dates back to the middle of the 19th Century so I though I'd give it a go with my Whites Quantum XT. The very first hit I got was a 1916-D penny at about 4 inches. From that point and for the next couple days, I had been running on adrenaline. The majority of the finds were not dateable but I was able to get a couple shotgun shell brass that I was able to look up and found that it was manufactured about the turn of the century till about 1903. Now it looks like someone was out in the backyard squirrel hunting about 100 years ago. I have a lot of junk but the good news is that it's old junk! Somewhere out there in my own backyard is a treasure and all I have to do is keep plugging at it until I find it

Attachments

• Findingss.JPG
    Findingss.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 388
Upvote 0

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
You're on it. Keep going for it. There's gotta be some GOOD stuff there. I have a QXT also. It was my first machin. I still use it occasionaly & have it for a guest & backup machine. Welcome to the Forum & this great hobby.
Spotz

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Rookie,

nice group of artifacts.

Welcome to the board.

hope you have many more productive hunts and good finds.

have a good un..................

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs!

Looks like the stuff I find in my back yard!

Our house dates back to 1868

found a GOLD musical awards pin from the 40s/50s by a tree one day, and some silver here & there so far too ;D

Keep at it, you'll find some good stuff!

HH

Lonewolfe

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds... I have also found a couple of old shotgun shell butts that date somewhere before 1911, when UMCCo was bought by Remington and changed to REM-UMC....here they are!!

I found the Nitro Club butt in a city park at about 5 inches, and I found the New Club butt in the woods at a state park around here, I was pretty happy with them when I found out how old they are!!

HH

Attachments

• shotgun_shell_1.jpg
    shotgun_shell_1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 311
  • shotgun_shell_2.jpg
    shotgun_shell_2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 272

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff bob!!

I can identify with all those shotgun shells!! LOL!

Keep diggin! You find more good stuff there!!

Congrats!

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread