Excellent Sunday - A Local Park

GoingDown

Jul 8, 2005
King William III Copper (1695-1703) Mid-Hudson Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
A beautiful 65 degree Autumn day ... here in the historic Mid-Hudson Valley, NY.? Alongside a roaring brook...leaves falling (while trying to keep my younger brother from falling in the water) provided a subperb setting for MD'ing in this local park.? The results were equally exciting.? First coin....1887 IH.? Last coin...unrecognizable (corroded) IH.? Here's the take for the morning.? Can anyone shed some more info on either the mini-ball or the button?? The button is 7/8" and flat on the face and on the underside reads "Treble Gilt" and "Standard Colour" ... I googled it getting minimum results.? Additionally ... 3 wheaties (1929, 1940, 1953) and clad including 1Q, 5D, and 14P. Happy Hunting!? ?GD

Attachments

• DSCF0046.JPG
    DSCF0046.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 492
  • DSCF0044.JPG
    DSCF0044.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 494
  • DSCF0050.JPG
    DSCF0050.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 483
  • DSCF0052.JPG
    DSCF0052.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 482
  • DSCF0053.JPG
    DSCF0053.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 472
  • DSCF0054.JPG
    DSCF0054.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 469
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice days digs. I would love to go up to New York and Hit some of those parks. We have alot of good one's here in P.a. I always seem to find what hunters missed in them.

I like the button alot. I didn't recognize the company right off the top of my head. I wouls say early 1800's to 1820 or 1830's maybe. I have found them in those years that have the colour written on the back of them.

Mine never had a nice reef like yours does on the back. Maybe some one else can tell you if it were some type of uniform button or just a nicer colonial flat button.

HH Jer

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW!

Nice digs!

hh

lonewolfe

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow..........those are some nice finds! LOL at the boy scout slide!! :D :D :D (read previous posts on how many have been found recently)

Happy Hunting,

Moon

elusion

Oct 11, 2005
SE, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Explorer II, Tesoro Tiger Shark
GD,

I don't know if it helps, but I found this site when searching for Treble Gilt:
http://www.civilwarbuttons.com/dragoons.htm (about the middle of the page)

Looks like a civil war era button and pretty rare to boot!

Excellent finds!! I'm jealous

Brandon

OP
OP
GoingDown

GoingDown

Jul 8, 2005
King William III Copper (1695-1703) Mid-Hudson Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Thanks all! I finally found this stuff to ID the button....enjoy!

Brass Flat Button: 7/8" diameter, "Treble Gilt-Standard Colour" backmark. Most of gilt is worn from face, but almost all remains on back. Shank slightly out of round but solid and intact. BN209JASS $3.50

http://www.greybirdrelics.com/Buttons.htm

or?.

http://beaversmill.ieasysite.com/new_home_page_008.htm

Two English-made military uniform buttons. Both, found only a few inches from each other, were very plain on the front, but had curved inscriptions around where the shank had broken off. Probably a slightly overweight visitor put a little too much stress on the buttons. One used the English spelling of Colour: ?Standard Colour Treble Gilt.? The other button has really in fancy old English script ?Best Strong Stan?d? (standard) impressed around the back. These buttons are from the period 1800 to 1830. The penny is for size comparison only; I found it in my pocket.
When we first discovered the buttons, we thought they were coins. You could imagine how excited we were. It is still a nice discovery given the military history of the mill owner.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds!!!!

Nana

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great Finds, WTG!!!
Great links too, I hope ya don't mind, but I'm stealing them for my website... ;D
Did ya see the condition of some of those buttons. I love old buttons, but I probably would have tossed a few of those on that page. Glad I saw that, I'm never throwing nothing away until I check it out real good... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
What a great day of digs you had there.....congrats and WTG.

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a perfect hunt, way to go.
Rob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread