Good News/Bad News/Good News

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
I found my second wheatie today in my front yard!? WOO HOO!!? It's a 1945 in pretty decent shape.? Here's a pic.

Bad news is, we have a lady comes in once a week to clean.? I've had problems for quite a while with things not being able to be found easily.? Today, I came home from work, looked for my first wheatie (which was soaking in olive oil on the kitchen cabinet) and not only was the wheatie gone, but the bowl it was soaking in was in the dish rack, all cleaned!? AHHHHHHH.? Got Sweetie to get on the phone to her and the cleaning lady said "Oh, I just thought the bowl was empty except for the oil, so I threw away the oil and cleaned the bowl."? AHHHHHHHHHH!!!? I explained to Sweetie that I'll NEVER find a first wheatie ever again....it's a one-time thing and yes, I was rather upset and angry.? Then the lady called back.....and quit!!!? So now, she's our ex-cleaning lady!

Second good news is that I figured out that I had a nice new Ace 250 that finds coins.....so I THed the trash bag!!? Put that sucker on custom, discrimitated out everything except for pennies and dimes and yep, there it was in the bottom of the bag!? Whew!? I figure I'll post a pic of it before something else happens!? It's a 1937 in pretty rough shape, looks like it has been lawnmowered (hmmm, is that a word?? LOL).? Anyway, here's both of the wheaties, both found in my yard.

HH, ya'll!

Attachments

• 1937 Wheatie.jpg
    1937 Wheatie.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 354
  • 1945 Wheatie.JPG
    1945 Wheatie.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
TX, that is funny! :D Sounds like you are addicted. Welcome to the club. You better lock that penny up...maybe a safe deposit box. JK
Anyway, glad you got it back.

I tell my wife that I was there when my son found his first wheat penny. She missed it. She also missed his first merc. Only thing I missed was when he found his first IH. Oh well. Maybe we take this too seriously....

later, and Happy Hunting!

Bob

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
:D Congrats on the first wheatie! Does look like either wire cutters or lawnmower got to it...i have seen some errors like that, but yours has definet cut marks. The cleaning lady quit over a wheatie? LOL

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She quit? ??? Just like that? ???

Well....I'm sure glad you found that wheatie! And congrats on your finds!!

Nana

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Maybe you can set your detector on "find good help" mode and get a better cleaning lady!! ;D ;D

Glad you got your first wheatie back and congrats on finding a second one!

Happy Hunting,

Moon

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Most folks just don't "Get it".

After all, what could be SO special about a lousy, stinkin' penny ?? :o

Well ..... WE know .... & are happy you got it back !! :D

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
That's TOO Funny! ;D ;D ;D Poor lady - must have thought she got chastised for doing her job. :D :D :D Hurt her feelings. ??? When you hire a new one, you'll have to give her a walk-through and point out the treasure trove area and what's off limits. :D ;D :D

No danger of that in my house. My husband wouldn't touch a dirty dish unless it bit him. ::) And my last cleaning lady was my mother - 50 years ago.!

Noodle :-*

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CLASSIC...... :D

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good story. If you were to find one of every coin made then every find would be a first! Hmmm a nice thought? Actually I keep every first expect clad. The only exception is the coins from my first time metal detecting. I also have the lures , hook and plastic worm from time I won the Mr. Bass tournament in my bass fishing club. They make a good addition to the photos of such events.

Ed Donovan

OP
OP
TXKajun

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Okay, I've checked ALLLLL over my new Ace 250, read the manuals and checked every website I could find. So how do I set this darn thing for "Cleaning Lady Locate" mode??? ::) LOL

I think the best thing I could do is what I've been considering (threatening??) to do for a while now. We have a spare bedroom that I'm in the process of converting into my "manly" room....right now it has a nice futon, a couple of end tables and lamps, an unused NordicTrac Ski machine (another $5 auction "find") and my nice Casio keyboard (also unused, especially since I started detecting! Hmm, do ya think I may have a problem here?? LOL). I think I'm just going to fully take over this room with strict instructions to both Sweetie and whoever we get in to help clean that this room is "hands off under penalty of severe whatever!!!" and use it as my detecting/non-exercise/non-musicmaking refuge. ;D Maybe even appropriate my son's "Do Not Enter" sign and put it on the door.

Anywho, thanks for all the great comments, folks. Ya'll are the best! Well, next to Sweetie and my son, anyway. ::)

HH, ya'll!

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
I'm worried about what you are going to do when you start pulling silver and gold out of the ground. Congrats on finding that first agian. People ask me if I collect old money, I don't give a darn about purchasing old coins and usually give what i find in change to my mother or my kids but I also never think about selling what I found while MDing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread