1904 schoolhouse....this is getting really weird now

W

whites6000inPa

The schoolhouse well has not gone dry. That announcement was a bit premature....for the second time. I was between coats of finish on 8 banjo necks. They needed to dry for 2 hours before I could proceed.....so I hopped in the car and headed down the hill.

I was there 2 1/2 hours, and just before I left, I was detecting right next to the sidewalk about a half a block from the school....and found the walker at only 2 inches, and the quarter only a foot away from it at 4 inches.

The weird part (insert twilight zone theme here) is that the walker is a 1944....same as the last one. The quarter that accompanied it was a 52....the same date as the silver quarter I found the day I found the other walker. I have also found a pair of 1942 quarters there.

If good things come in 3's.....I might be done with the big silver finds at the old schoolhouse property. But that won't keep me from going back to the old school.

I don't blame anybody who would think I'm making this stuff up.....I would probably be skeptical too if I were reading this.....some really strange happenings. Fortunate coincidence though.

I found some other stuff that needs cleaned....will post later.

Wyatt

Attachments

• REPEAT.JPG
    REPEAT.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 566
Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

It's a pretty big lot...and there may be more there...but I had to work for these ones. Not that they were deep.....but I sure did cover alot of other ground today. There's a strip of grass on the other side of that sidewalk....between the sidewalk and the road. I have never detected there to amount to anything because of the gravel.....but I'm about to give that strip a good working over!

Wyatt

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

Just to put anybody's mind at ease who thinks I'm making this stuff up.....here's a picture of the trifecta. I haven't put today's prizes in 2x2s yet.

Wyatt

Attachments

• REPEAT2.JPG
    REPEAT2.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 549

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Hmmm, I'm trying to figure out if you're bragging or complaining. ::)

Seriously, nice finds.

HH, ya'll!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job detecting this site, PAWhites. You clearly have way too much silver there. I can take some of it off your hands for you. ;)

Where in PA are you located?

R

rvbvetter

AW C mon, your makin this stuff up. ;D

Beautiful finds!!! I wouldn't worry about the "Twilight Zone" thing.
Unless of course, you start hearing Rod Serlings voice. Keep the finds coming. WTG!! HH

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't believe you're making it up at all. You hunt long enough, you'll have strange coincidences. I just wish I could have a coincidence that involved two Walkers! ;D Outstanding finds Wyatt!!

Kent

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

I'm neither bragging nor complaining....but I've seen folks on here claim that others were lying.....and this is weird enough to elicit that kind of feelings in those who are already prone to be skeptical.

For the record...this is what the rest of my 2 1/2 hour hunt looks like. The badge is cool....but badly damaged. It had been enameled and was probably really nice before it bacame mangled. The Indian head is a 1908....in deplorable condition. Just one wheat in this group...a 1941. Without the last minute silver....it was a less than memorable 2 1/2 hours.

Attachments

• 1109.JPG
    1109.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 528
OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

...oops forgot......I'm in SW Pa...about an hour south of Pittsburgh.

Wyatt

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
"Without the last minute silver...it was a less than memorable 2 1/2 hours"

ROFLMAO
Wyatt, That's one of the funniest lines I've ever read on TNet! Most of us sweat bullets trying to find ANY silver, you find ,not one, but TWO BEAUTIFUL WALKER'S in a short period of time...and the rest of the day was uneventful?

grizzly bare

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

well Griz......the rest of the day was rather uneventful....but those last 5 minutes made up for it in a big way. I have a place lined up for this weekend...that I can only hunt on the weekend....we'll see what that holds. It's big enough to have had a couple ball diamonds on it....and it's in an old town too.

I have to hunt the other side of those sidewalks though ;D

Wyatt

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Wyatt, I think you just provided us beginners with some gold right here in the forum! "Without the last minute silver...it was a less than memorable 2 1/2 hours" I for one am inexperienced enough to believe that I'll find something every time I go out. Silly moi, I think! ::) Unless I maybe only expect to find poptops, maybe! Hmmm, maybe aim a bit lower.

I've only been out a few times with my new Ace 250, but managed to find something each time. I figure I'm building up to quite a few outings where nothing gets found. Of course, that may be taken care of by choosing the right places to MD. Rresearch, right?

Anywho, again, thanks for the words of wisdom and HH, ya'll!

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

I always expect to find something every single time I go out....and usually I do...just that the finds are not always as grandiose as I might like. Keep at it....and the good stuff will come.

Wyatt

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

I've no idea where Blairsville is at....never heard of it. Some of these old towns still have lots of coins lying around. This place has been great...but I've been places that looked like they'd be really productive...where I was skunked too.

Gonna go back for a little while....that sidewalk strip is calling me.....

Wyatt

T

toiyabe tracy

I love quinky-dinks
Nice stuff have fun. i think if we were all a little more observant; we would not be as surprised by these. I think they happen all the time/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread