Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1829 Penna. State former Senator's home

I made down to PA last weekend, the weather turned out great! To bad the finds weren't so great.
The owner told me that it was vacant for a couple of years before he bought the property so who knows who got there before I did and grabbed all the goodies ahead of me.
They said that is it also part of the underground railroad and the tunnel is there heading out past the RR tracks going out back. Still has a partial dirt basement that willbe completed next summer. I was not able to get in there this time around but I'll be going back in the Spring for a 2nd hunt to hopefully come up with a few goodies.
This visit only came up with a bunch of foil and one Indian Head cent, I think it reads 1892 but it's tough reading and I haven't touched it up yet.
I tried to post a pic here but I can't get them small enough to post with. Didn't scan the IH, wasn't worth it.

Better luck in the Spring I hope.

Upvote 0
W

whites6000inPa

Re: 1829 Penna. State former Senator's home

If you were across the street from Glade's Run Baptist church in Carmichaels Pa.....I detected that place 15 years ago. I found 2 seated dimes, 10 or so indian heads, 2 silver rosies and a 42 walker. The description fits the place perfectly....except for the part about railroad tracks. The underground "railroad" was a railroad in the figurative sense for the most part.

Wyatt

W

whites6000inPa

I actually found a 46 rosie on top of the ground there in July. I went there just for kicks....revisiting earlier haunts. He might not be talking about the same place....but it sure sounds familiar to me.

Wyatt

OP
OP
Diggincoinz

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nope, just North of Towanda, PA. Mountains and curvy roads all over the place!

W

whites6000inPa

That's weird......This place was the birthplace of a US Senator from Pa....but he was born there in 1850. This place was also a stop on the underground railroad, and I found part of a leg shackle there too. Believe it or not...I just tossed it in the scrap heap. I'm not into iron...not even leg irons.

Wyatt

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe

Keep it up, I believe no place is ever "hunted out".......Good luck

DugHoles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread