Mixed Bag (long story)

Gold_pinger

Mar 3, 2004
Job and chores to do around the house has kept me out of the water for the last ten days.
So I had to get in the water for a fix. Arrived at the beach before sunrise to work the deeper areas during low tide. Wasn't finding much seemed like it got cleaned out yesterday. As i worked my way in with the rising tide I spotted one of the other guys that hunts with a CZ20. Chatting with him I found out the place had been worked over by three others guys yesterday afternoon. He was there searching for a lost diamond/white gold wedding band. So I joined the search. Well he dives and fans to recover targets and I use a long handle scoop so he skips the targets he thinks are no good and I scoop every target. Still we both didn't find the ring. By now the tide was high and a big swell of 4 to 6 feet was coming in so he packed up and left when the lifeguards announced lots of stinging jelly-fish were washing in. But I kept on hunting (I got the fever and I got it Bad!).As the waves started making cuts through the shorebrake. The targets started popping up. With some gold in my bag I wasn't about to let those stinging jelly-fish stop me.They tried, got rapped around the neck once and twice on my legs but no pain no gain. I kept at it untill sundown (amazing how time flies when your having fun). Didn't find the diamond ring (guess those other guys got it yesterday) but still a great day at a hunted out place.
Three gold and two silver rings.

Upvote 0

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products
Nice finds goldpinger!! Your a better man than me to be putting up with stinging jellyfish!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread