Two Standing Liberty Quarters ~ Trade token ~ 8 Wheat cents ~ clad

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello everyone!

Ron and I took a drive up to Corvallis today to do some detecting ~ We had a good time! I'm still getting help from Ron with this new Explorer SE of mine ~ it's a wild beast, but I'm sure liking it! Here's what I dug today:

1929-S Standing Liberty 25c
Dateless "S" mint Standing Liberty 25c
8 wheats ~ 1928 to 1956
Trade token from Salem Oregon
4 clad quarters
10 clad dimes
1 nickel
52 memorial cents
1957 License plate tag

The trade token is aluminum and about the size of a US quarter. YMCA SALEM ORE. ~ GOOD FOR TOWEL.

This is the first time that I've dug two Standing Liberty Quarters in the same day! These are my silver coin finds #37 & #38 for the year!

Thanks for looking!
Neil

Attachments

• June7-2009-1.jpg
    June7-2009-1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 656
  • June7-2009-2.jpg
    June7-2009-2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 645
  • June7-2009-3.jpg
    June7-2009-3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 653
  • June7-2009-4.jpg
    June7-2009-4.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 641
Upvote 0

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
I wonder what happens if the hot ladys want towels, i bet they got some for free.

NICE FINDS! :icon_thumleft:

HH CWH!

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
I would say you are getting the hang of it LOL :headbang: nice finds congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like you just might be getting
the hang of that new SE. Congratulations on
the 2 SLQ's and the wheats. Wish I could have gone
along for the hunt....maybe next time.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Neil on the nice trip and finds. Keep learning that Explorer SE. I'm sure you will master it soon enough

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
crazyjarhead said:
WTG Neil on the nice trip and finds. Keep learning that Explorer SE. I'm sure you will master it soon enough

Thanks man!

Yeah, I've got a lot to learn about this SE! It's a great detector, but so different than the White's XLT that I've used the last ten years.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Neil I'm pretty sure you have a 1918 or 1928 SLQ I can definitely see the 8 without a mag glass.. but with the lil I know about coins I'm thinking 1918 cause the 1928 SLQ had a deeper impression...

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
Hi Neil,

That is a great day's work there and you're really starting to breathe down Ron's neck with the silver counts! Look out, Ron!

I can relate to the learning curve with the Explorer (you look like you're ahead of me, by the way). I've had a few trips where I thought heck, this thing is easy! And then over the last few hunts, reality set in, nothing seemed to make sense and I feel like I'm sliding backwards. Part of it is that I'm using headphones for the first time and they make nails sound super sweet.

MP

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Very nice, it's great finding two standing liberties in one day!!!

Finman

Mar 21, 2009
Seymour, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab - Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil, Congrats on the new Explorer and the awesome finds!!! Two SLQ's in the same day!!!! Rock on my friend!!!! :headbang:

HH Joe

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the standing Liberty quarters, they are always a sweet find. I can relate to your learning the Explorer. I'm trying to learn the Explorer II. It is taking awhile, but I really like the way I can see the numbers and know the difference between junk and coins.

If you look at my post Field of Dreams, all the coins I found at that site came from using my
Explorer II. I also use a SunRay Probe on it.

HH< Ringfinder

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
creeper71 said:
Neil I'm pretty sure you have a 1918 or 1928 SLQ I can definitely see the 8 without a mag glass.. but with the lil I know about coins I'm thinking 1918 cause the 1928 SLQ had a deeper impression...

That's weird! I see what you're seeing in the picture, but when I actually look at the coin I can't see any of the date! Something weird happened when I took the picture ~ just a coincedence that it looks like an 8.

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
mountainplayer said:
Hi Neil,

That is a great day's work there and you're really starting to breathe down Ron's neck with the silver counts! Look out, Ron!

I can relate to the learning curve with the Explorer (you look like you're ahead of me, by the way). I've had a few trips where I thought heck, this thing is easy! And then over the last few hunts, reality set in, nothing seemed to make sense and I feel like I'm sliding backwards. Part of it is that I'm using headphones for the first time and they make nails sound super sweet.

MP

Thanks man!

I don't think I'm gonna even get close to Ron's silver count ~ that guy is a silver finding maniac! I'm affraid Richard is gonna catch me soon! He's getting pretty darn good with his Explorer SE!

8^)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread