First Spectra V3 Silver!

artifacthunter

Jul 12, 2008
Central Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A co-worker asked if I could help find a lost wedding band this weekend. I said sure, and I was especially excited to also get the chance to hunt the property since the house was built in the 1850's. After searching for a couple of hours for the lost ring with no luck, I moved to a shady area between the house and a small out building. My new Spectra V3 was running well on coin and jewelry with the standard settings. Every sweep nulled over iron multiple times. This was one of those yards where it was actually difficult to find a spot to do a proper ground balance! I got into a small area with multiple good hits and dug about 4 inches down to find a 1928 wheat. Then, looking at the handfull of dirt I had just placed on my cloth, I found a mercury dime and another wheat (1947) face to face! Checking near the hole about six inches away turned up a 1956 Roosevelt! One more good hit next to the dime turned out to be a 1956 D wheat. While I dug a few circular pieces of rusty iron (large washer and machine part), the only nails I dug were two in the same hole as the wheat. I have to say the V3 did a great job of working around the iron in this yard! I went back to searching for the lost ring for another hour with no luck, and then had to head out. I'm looking forward to trying again for both the ring and the older goodies that are definitely hiding among the the thousands of rusty bits. The pictures below show before and after cleaning with warm water. I actually managed to hold off on checking the date of the merc (1942) until after gently washing the dirt off!
2009_06_07_dirty.jpg
2009_06_07_washed.jpg
Thanks for looking!

Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry you didn't find the ring but you found some nice silver. Love the merc.

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Nice finds!! The Merc looks to be in great shape... I hope you get a chance to find the ring and maybe hit some more silver ;D Happy Hunting!! :headbang:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Enjoy your V3. I think that detector is going to be hard to beat. On my wish list.

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread