LC from parents back yard.

reed

Greenie
May 13, 2009
Louisville Kentucky
Got my first detector just over a week ago. Have been reading the forum here for a while. Spent about 15 hours hunting so far all on my parents property in Urban Louisville Kentucky. Was lucky enough to pick this up right next to their shed. Was not exactly sure what it was till I rinsed it off as it had a lot of dirt/mud on it.
Now I just have to find new places to hunt as Louisville has recently banned detecting on public land here.
Thanks
Reed

Attachments

• 1852 LC OBVERSE.JPG
    1852 LC OBVERSE.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 850
  • 1852 LC REVERSE.JPG
    1852 LC REVERSE.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 845
Upvote 0

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
Congrats on your first LC, that's a nice one

I heard about the ban, that's just not right.

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG! on the LC. great find. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
reed

reed

Greenie
May 13, 2009
Louisville Kentucky
Thanks guys, one reason I've spent so long in the parents yard is to get better at digging plugs.

Hey Jarhead, I'm using a Bounty Hunter Lonestar. So far it seems like a very simple detector, good to learn on for me.

Thanks
Reed

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are lots of places to hunt around here. You will have to do a bit of driving and a lot of research. :wink:

Regards,

Buckleboy

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Louisville banned hunting on public property? Maybe we should ban Louisville from any organized coin hunts.....and send a
letter to their Chamber of Commerce, and tell them why?
Well, I know that many THers don't ask permission, and don't fill in their holes that they dig.
Makes me angry.

Great find, and keep pounding your parents house. Sounds like it has some history under it.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking LC you gort there. All of these bans is making it harer for us to enjoy out hobby. Just ask neighbors and get permission. But wait for a good rain before you dig in others yard. Need the ground to be moist so grass don't turn brown...Matt

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
hikeinmts said:
Louisville banned hunting on public property? Maybe we should ban Louisville from any organized coin hunts.....and send a
Well, I know that many THers don't ask permission, and don't fill in their holes that they dig.
Makes me angry.

Great find, and keep pounding your parents house. Sounds like it has some history under it.

Most of these laws are due to the ignorance of public officials. Unfortunately we just stand by and complain and don't do anything about the laws.

Nice LC in great shape!!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hikeinmts said:
Makes me angry.

Well, nice way to take your anger out. It's ok. I don't participate in organized hunts anyhow. And I ALWAYS cover my holes--even in plowed fields.

-Buck

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice 1852 Large Cent the second week of detecting? Send me an article of clothing that I can rub for good luck! A piece of flannel shirt, something! Hard to beat that, now go rip up that yard!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Wow, good thing I decided not to detect in Louisville when I was down there last month...lots of nice parks there, overall a very beautiful city. Oh well...they still have the best burgers I've ever eaten- at Lynn's Paradise Cafe! Those alone are worth the day-long trip.

Joe

SpiderCoil

Jun 9, 2009
So. Cal.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickDraw II & someday an MXT300.
:headbang: :headbang: That is really nice - congrats!

reed said:
Got my first detector just over a week ago.
Now I just have to find new places to hunt as Louisville has recently banned detecting on public land here.

That really sucks - we all feel for you. :'(

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find, keep up the hard work. I stayed a weekend at the Seelbach a few years back for a convention, hope to return one day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread