Return to the Failed Crop 1 Field.......

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bored today with no land to do. So decided to brave the showers & detect the field I had the Henry I penny from.
This would be the 3rd time going over the same area, so I put on the 11" coil, changed direction & went slower in the hope for the odd deeper find.
We had only missed a few deeper buttons, 1 Lead Token, & when I wondered deeper into the crop following a patchy area I spotted a Cartwheel Penny 1797 (Eyes Only, see picture before I picked it up).

Picture of the rubbish I brought home, not a lot by normal standards so we have cleared it pretty well, needs a deep plough now.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 637
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 637
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 641
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 629
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 633
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 618
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 606
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
I thought I hunted large fields ::) You must do a lot of swinging. Nice old relics and coins :icon_sunny:

This is one of our medium fields & yes we cover 1.5 acres each day.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Finally! I get to see pictures of what fields look like in your area. I bet they are awesome to dig in! :)

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
the lead token looks good in the mud!

how many cartwheel pennies have you found?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch :help: all that iron must have made the ears ring :P

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
the lead token looks good in the mud!

how many cartwheel pennies have you found?

between 20-30

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
Ouch :help: all that iron must have made the ears ring :P

yeah, but you know I prefer to hear it, & dig most of it. :laughing7:

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well nice digging in any case. It sure makes a person wonder when they have covered a field twice before (gridding I am guessing) that such a large coin could be missed on the surface. It has happened to me several times also. The lead token (nice) should have been found also. Wondering in the iron if there is something good in there.... In any case it keeps the button count moving along....

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOODY50 said:
Well nice digging in any case. It sure makes a person wonder when they have covered a field twice before (gridding I am guessing) that such a large coin could be missed on the surface. It has happened to me several times also. The lead token (nice) should have been found also. Wondering in the iron if there is something good in there.... In any case it keeps the button count moving along....

We would not have missed that one. As explained, I wondered deeper into the crop in a area I had not covered before :icon_thumright:

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOODY50 said:

Nice digging indeed. Did you dig all that iron this one trip?

Maybe the coin was missed 1st time around since Crusader didn't cover the field alone :D

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IronSpike said:
WOODY50 said:

Maybe the coin was missed 1st time around since Crusader didn't cover the field alone :D

This is only 1/4 of the iron I would normally dig in the same time. Also you right about doing it with Dad the other two times. He often doesn't hear iron nails & when he does he ignores them. I'm in all metal & dig 90% of the hits.

PS. we never missed the coin, as we never did this particular bit before.

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
IronSpike said:
WOODY50 said:
This is only 1/4 of the iron I would normally dig in the same time. Also you right about doing it with Dad the other two times. He often doesn't hear iron nails & when he does he ignores them. I'm in all metal & dig 90% of the hits.
OK understand, missed that text I guess!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOODY50 said:
CRUSADER said:
IronSpike said:
WOODY50 said:
OK understand, missed that text I guess!

Thats not say that we don't miss easy stuff as the Henry I was on the top & we definately covered this area. Although I remember it to be a very trashy area & we dug several targets & may have just got impatient & left a loud surface signal :tongue3: who knows, it does happen, just not on this particular occasion. Plus a large penny like this is easy to spot without a detector (I see pennies in the dark :laughing7: )

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post Crusader! Times are hard finding land to detect this time of year, I have several grass hay fields but they are not producing much anymore. HH, Mike

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I FOUND A 1797 CARTWHEEL PENNY A FEW YEARS BACK . ALONG THE DESPLAINES RIVER IN ILLINIOS!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread