Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all...

had a few hours on the Roman road known as Deer Street, this is the main Roman route North to the Roman town of Carlisle.

The road is being turned into a three lane motorway and it is a :hello2: perfect oppertunity for detecting ancient sites as the fields bordering

the old road have been given a compulsery purchase order on them, permission was gained and i had a threee hour hunt that was quite productive.

First good find a battered tealby penny from the reign of Hennry11 1154-1159 (this is the third I have had)

I managed another hammered from the narrow strip , Elizabeth11 half Groat 1558-1603 (in poor condition)

Over the comming weeks I should be able to get a few more hunts in and I'm sure a few goodies should come out.

While I was detecting a couple of detectorists came over and we got chating, one had just come back from Milto keys were he had found a

beutifull quarter Gold Stater, I took some pictures for you guys to view.

Attachments

• a3a.jpg
    a3a.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 1,092
  • a4a.jpg
    a4a.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,054
  • aa2.jpg
    aa2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,060
  • aa3.jpg
    aa3.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,100
  • aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,052
  • aaaa.jpg
    aaaa.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,056
  • aaa22.jpg
    aaa22.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,042
  • aa22.jpg
    aa22.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,043
Upvote 0

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Deer Street (Return)

Silver Searcher said:
WOODY50 said:
shaun7 said:
WOODY50 said:
Silver Searcher said:
WOODY50 said:
Wow, a perfect place to search. Just keep on the good side of the guys working on the road, and keep out of their way. Taking a sack full of cookies to them on their tea/coffee break will improve the relation very much, take that from someone who knows...! You should be finding a lot of good stuff there for sure!
Hi Woody :hello2: I'm off there tonight :headbang: :headbang:
Hmm... I guess this is a part of the UK English language, 'off there tonight'...
Are you meaning I can nighthawk tonight then instead of the weekend?? :tard:
i think he mean't he's going this evening (after work) before it gets dark!
which is what i would be doing every day if this site was local to me :thumbsup:
Yes I agree with you, I would search even after dark (its a road building project and not a field)...
Yes it was an early evening hunt :P had another hammered and a very special find :o :o but you will have to wait until tomorrow for the pictures :laughing9:
Great, I can't wait :crybaby2:

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOODY50 said:
Silver Searcher said:
WOODY50 said:
shaun7 said:
WOODY50 said:
Silver Searcher said:
WOODY50 said:
Wow, a perfect place to search. Just keep on the good side of the guys working on the road, and keep out of their way. Taking a sack full of cookies to them on their tea/coffee break will improve the relation very much, take that from someone who knows...! You should be finding a lot of good stuff there for sure!
Hi Woody :hello2: I'm off there tonight :headbang: :headbang:
Hmm... I guess this is a part of the UK English language, 'off there tonight'...
Are you meaning I can nighthawk tonight then instead of the weekend?? :tard:
i think he mean't he's going this evening (after work) before it gets dark!
which is what i would be doing every day if this site was local to me :thumbsup:
Yes I agree with you, I would search even after dark (its a road building project and not a field)...
Yes it was an early evening hunt :P had another hammered and a very special find :o :o but you will have to wait until tomorrow for the pictures :laughing9:
Great, I can't wait :crybaby2:
You might have to wait a bit longer :tongue3: because I think I am going tonite as well :headbang:

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

curbdiggercarl57 said:
WOODY50 said:

Out here in Denver, the going rate for bribery is usually a 12 pack of Bud Lite. I have to come out there. Keep us posted,
Carl
You bring the beer Carl...I'll drink you can dig :D

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Searcher said:
curbdiggercarl57 said:
WOODY50 said:

Out here in Denver, the going rate for bribery is usually a 12 pack of Bud Lite. I have to come out there. Keep us posted,
Carl
You bring the beer Carl...I'll drink you can dig :D
I quit for about seven years, (when you have bartended as long as I have, you kinda have to), and I'll have a beer very, very, rarely. But I do realize that if I go to England to visit and detect, and I end up at a pub, or three, I might just have to tip a couple.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions