Dere Street (Return Part Two!!!Gold)...Back From The Jeweler!!! Updated Pic!!!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all...

I am not going to bore you with a long story, if you have been following my recent posts you know were I have been detecting and the finds that have come from this area :o

I started the evening recovering my digging spade that I left here Sunday, it was lying right were I had left it :laughing9: managed a couple of Medieval spindle whorls and a few bits of lead, then another Medieval hammered coin of Elizabeth1 (1558-1603) half groat.

Later on in the evening I moved further down the road to a area that has produced Roman coins, again I had a further four bronze coins but the going was hard.

The area was becoming shorter by the minute so I moved to the slopes of the spoil heaps and this is were I found my best find, a nice crisp signal and I was flipping over the sandy soil, at first I couldn't see what had given the signal, then I glanced a glint of yellow in a small piece of soil, I picked it up and right in-front of me was a small Gold Ring :headbang: the colour gave it away as old, a deep buttery yellow Gold.

The ring is very small (13mm) and obviously made for a child, I am 99% certain that this ring is Roman :read2: and was probably made specially for the wearer.

This ring unfortunately falls under the treasure act and I will have to declare it :'( any way have a look at the pictures if there are any questions I will try and answer :thumbsup:SS...Updated... It's now two weeks since I found the ring, and I have just had the ID back by the UK Finds Data Base here's what it says, A Roman Gold finger ring 1st-4th Century, the shank has a broad,flat cross-section that tapers from the front to back. At the front there is an oval bezel made from reposse worked sheet-metal; it depicts a full-faced portraite in releif, surrounded by a raised border. The depiction is unknown, though the subject is almost certainly classical :headbang: :headbang:

Attachments

• gr1.jpg
    gr1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 4,407
  • gr2.jpg
    gr2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 4,445
  • RR.jpg
    RR.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 4,384
  • RR1.jpg
    RR1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 4,392
  • Site.jpg
    Site.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 4,422
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 4,357
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 4,359
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 4,333
Upvote 2

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
Sorry to tell you it is a ring once owned by Benjamin Franklin he was bringing it back to the colonies for his illegitimate son. But while he was waiting on the next boat he saw another opportunity to produce an illegitimate offspring so he gave her this ring to show his appreciation.
It is an early American artifact.

That is a great find congratulations on the find. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :thumbsup:

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac
Stellar find SS! I love that term you use "Buttery Yellow Gold" :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Re: Dere Street (Return Part Two!!!Gold)...Back From The Jeweler!!! Updated Pic!

cdltpx said:
Sorry to tell you it is a ring once owned by Benjamin Franklin he was bringing it back to the colonies for his illegitimate son. But while he was waiting on the next boat he saw another opportunity to produce an illegitimate offspring so he gave her this ring to show his appreciation.

That is a great find congratulations on the find. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :thumbsup:

Are you sure?

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cdltpx said:

I'd better send it back to America then :laughing9: somebody should have told him to keep his trousers on :laughing7: :hello2:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Re: Dere Street (Return Part Two!!!Gold)...Back From The Jeweler!!! Updated Pic!

Silver Searcher said:
cdltpx said:

I'd better send it back to America then :laughing9: somebody should have told him to keep his trousers on :laughing7: :hello2:

"pants" SS, i think they call them pants!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread