Barber Quarter and a gold-plated sterling silver brooch

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Hunted today with a buddy at an old park I hadn't hunted in a while. I had bragged to my friend about all the silver that had come out of that park and I was sure there was some deeper silver there that could be found with our Explorers. Well, it worked for me. Found a nice Barber quarter in the shade of a big old tree. It was 7-8 inches deep and on edge at the side of the hole. I actually dug right past it and had to locate it on the side of the hole with my Garrett pinpointer. Then I was hunting along a fence in bare muddy dirt and got another good silver quarter signal. I could see the outline of a golden colored ornament pressed into the mud. It turned out to be this pretty golden colored brooch with the pin still intact on the back. After I got it home and rinsed it off I could see the word STERLING impressed into the back. A nice surprise. I also found a few clad pieces and a couple wheaties. My buddy found the same, but unfortunately no silver for him.

Here's the Barber Quarter. It's about extra fine, but unfortunately, I think I put a slight ding in Liberty's cheek.

reservoir filed 002.JPG reservoir filed 003.JPG

And the sterling brooch:

reservoir filed 001.JPG

You might be able to see the STERLING imprint on the back:

reservoir filed 004.JPG

Upvote 0

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
Nice finds ~Been a long while since I have found a Barber Quarter Congrats :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread