Last mercury dime of the year!

W

whites6000inPa

Well friends....I set a very small goal for myself this evening....and that was to find 2 more pieces of silver, just so I'd have dug 75 silver coins since October 1st. I got a few wheats this evening, and managed a 53-D rosie and a 1945 merc. I got a big heart medallion...cheapo that says "God Bless America" on it. Reminded me of Kate Smith when the TV stations signed off back in the old days. Took it as a signal that I too need to "sign off".

I'm going to clean up the detector and put it in mothballs until next year.

I am on obssessive/compulsive type. When I do anything....I get caught up in it big time...and give it everything I've got.

It's time for me to go back to my old work habits.....and give my business everything I've got. You can't buy much groceries with 3 silver halfs, 12 silver quarters, and 60 silver dimes. Even the 82.43 in clad I found since mid July wouldnt go far....so work is a necessary evil.

I've had a ball....and will *see* you all next spring. It's been a lot of fun. Thanks to all.....and continued success to everybody.

Wyatt

Attachments

• GODBLESS.JPG
    GODBLESS.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 256
Upvote 0
Z

ZumbroKid

You get your last, i get my first. Tomarrow weather channel say 80% chance rain, 1-2 inches snow. Which equals cold wet slop. :'(

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

The weather's supposed to turn to crap here in the next couple days. I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow....and a dentists's appointment on wednesday.....and by then the weather will be foul enough to stay indoors and work.

You had a good year......and I had a good couple months myself. catch you later.

Wyatt

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your finds Wyatt..... :)

Nana ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Heart & Meeting your Goal.

Keep your Fingers Crossed, Maby We'll get To Dig our Detectors Out Again Before the Years Over.

jeff

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

I spent so much time swinging the coil that I got big callouses on my right hand....and my skin is dried out and rough. It even cracked by the joint in my thumb...that feels real good.

I need a break, and new jeans (blew the knees out of 3 pairs).....and all of the coins I didn't get this fall......will still be there come spring, waiting for me to rescue them.

Wyatt

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
You have had some REALLY great finds this year!? I wouldn't be supprised if you get a warm day and pull the detector back out, but there is always next Spring if not!!!? ?;D

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

I actually did better than I'd have ever dreamed I could have....in the short season I had. One thing's for certain....I won't take a dozen years off before getting back out like last time. I'd forgotten just how much fun it is to stuff silver in a can.

Wyatt

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Wyatt, congrats on all your finds. I hoping to get a few more hunts in before the cold and snow. Hopefully , NC won't get to much snow in the mountains this year. Great finds, see ya next time around.

Ken

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

You'll have lots of good weather yet. We'll have some yet too....but I'm going to have to do some responsible stuff....as distasteful as that may sound. Best of luck to you. Hope you find some great sirtes and make some great finds. I'll still be reading.....so post pics for all to see.

Wyatt

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is so sad. :( Everybody's talking about winter and putting away their detectors. :'( Well, I, for one, am optimistic. I just found a new cellarhole to detect. I not ready to clean up my dirty ol' detector yet!!

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Good Luck Wyatt, see ya back in the Spring and wish you the kin of luck you had this past year. As for me, I'll keep the machine oiled and grab those odd warm days in between, those 40-50 degree days. Good luck with your work.

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

I might get out a day or 2 yet....just need to settle down and take care of business for awhile. If it does get nasty.....it hardly ever lasts more than 4 months....oh, wait...4 months is going to seem like an eternity!

Wyatt

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Wyatt,
Thanks for all the posts and pics. Not that far from you , but a bit South. Weather prediction for Tuesday is 65 with possible showers. I've got another doctor appointment on Wednesday, so I'll have 2-3 hours to hunt then.
IDXPRO is scheduled to be here Tues so Wed I will have the 'new'machine ready to go at a special place I've been saving.
"See" you come Springtime.

grizzly bare

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread