two hammered coins today!!! BETTER PICS!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp

Attachments

• sunday 14 002-1.JPG
    sunday 14 002-1.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 660
  • sunday 14 004.JPG
    sunday 14 004.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 652
  • sunday 14 009.JPG
    sunday 14 009.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 642
  • sunday 14 011.JPG
    sunday 14 011.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 655
  • sunday 14 012.JPG
    sunday 14 012.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 647
  • sunday 14 014.JPG
    sunday 14 014.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 639
  • better pics 001.JPG
    better pics 001.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 431
  • better pics 002.JPG
    better pics 002.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 425
  • mess 004.JPG
    mess 004.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 431
  • mess 005.JPG
    mess 005.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 420
Upvote 0

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: two hammered coins today!!!

Those are some sweet finds Shaun :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Makes me want to move to England :hello2:

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009

Just out of curiosity, are the Roman coins made of bronze or something like that? I generally see them here but never actually cleaned up so as to see detail, etc.

I'll continue to have digging envy when ever you and Crusader post your finds. Keep them coming...I get over it at some point!

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

Thanks Merf, Nico and dmn!

dmn, the roman coins i got yesterday were all bronze! i've only found 1 silver roman so far!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7 said:
i spent the afternoon detecting with crusader today on his "2nd fave field" ;D

what a day!

2 hammered, i Elizabeth (badly bent) and a short cross cut quater
a rose farthing
4 roman coins
half of a large blank silver coin
5 lead tokens :o
a george 11 halpenny!

And a winding knob from a metronome. :thumbsup:

Great finds there. That stella must be working. ;D

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As we know that was a great day in anyones books, beat Dads two day totals hands down!

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

BuckleBoy said:
shaun7 said:
i spent the afternoon detecting with crusader today on his "2nd fave field" ;D

what a day!

2 hammered, i Elizabeth (badly bent) and a short cross cut quater
a rose farthing
4 roman coins
half of a large blank silver coin
5 lead tokens :o
a george 11 halpenny!

And a winding knob from a metronome. :thumbsup:

Great finds there. That stella must be working. ;D

:D the horse flies didn't seem to mind it >:(

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

CRUSADER said:
As we know that was a great day in anyones books, beat Dads two day totals hands down!

maybe now he will see the light :laughing9:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well done shaun :headbang: you are getting into the swing with the hammered hoover :headbang:

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

Silver Searcher said:
Well done shaun :headbang: you are getting into the swing with the hammered hoover :headbang:

these were my first with the xp!

i'm well chuffed ;D

that brings this years hammered total to 3, compared to cru's 43 :laughing9:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7 said:
Silver Searcher said:

i'm well chuffed ;D

Don't worry shaun :help: I'm only on 19 :notworthy:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7 said:
Silver Searcher said:

i'm well chuffed ;D

42. the answers always 42 :laughing7:

The rose farthing does look good cleaned, thought it might. You normally need 20 bad ones to get one like that (in our soil anyways) :icon_thumright:

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Excellent finds, I could only dream of hunting for oldies like that, let alone finding them, Congrats on your finds, it's always a pleasure to see all your finds over there, thanks. !!

TommNJ

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi shaun You been flat out like a lizard drinking :laughing7: :laughing7:

tinpan

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well darn Shaun, you are turning into a professional hunter, congratulations! (got the finger out and went searhing so I see).

You still have a way to go compared to Cru (especially in the determination area, but I also have a long way to go compared to him).

I really like your display of your finds and everything. Real neat and professional!

But I want you to work on the focus a little bit though. Otherwise try to make a homemade holder for the camera and see if it improves. Another thing to try is not to get close to the object but stay a distance from it and zoom in (in Macro mode of course). (That is the way I have been doing it, although I DON'T have two hammered to show, so don't show anything at this moment...)

If you keep showing Cru and CruDad how to do it you will be soon admired (more) by them! For sure! They might even invite you for another BBQ, who knows!

Now, about your finds.... I'm happy for you for all your finds, the hammereds and Romans and everything you pulled out. I like, just like those that Cru found, the lead tokens the best. And if you keep the button count up and running you could surpass Cru sometime in the next 5 years. You relic count is also good, although now you must find the great relics (but that will come too)....

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
WOODY50 said:
Well darn Shaun, you are turning into a professional hunter, congratulations! (got the finger out and went searhing so I see).

You still have a way to go compared to Cru (especially in the determination area, but I also have a long way to go compared to him).

I really like your display of your finds and everything. Real neat and professional!

But I want you to work on the focus a little bit though. Otherwise try to make a homemade holder for the camera and see if it improves. Another thing to try is not to get close to the object but stay a distance from it and zoom in (in Macro mode of course). (That is the way I have been doing it, although I DON'T have two hammered to show, so don't show anything at this moment...)

If you keep showing Cru and CruDad how to do it you will be soon admired (more) by them! For sure! They might even invite you for another BBQ, who knows!

Now, about your finds.... I'm happy for you for all your finds, the hammereds and Romans and everything you pulled out. I like, just like those that Cru found, the lead tokens the best. And if you keep the button count up and running you could surpass Cru sometime in the next 5 years. You relic count is also good, although now you must find the great relics (but that will come too)....

thanks Woody,

the first pics were taken at night because i didn't get home till about 10pm! i think this is why they came out crap :-\

it was a strange day with none of us finding many relics, it seemed to be mostly coins and tokens, which i don't mind!

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
thanks Woody,
the first pics were taken at night because i didn't get home till about 10pm! i think this is why they came out crap :-\
it was a strange day with none of us finding many relics, it seemed to be mostly coins and tokens, which i don't mind!
OK, I understand about the photos, its hard when its getting dark to take photos, and also with flash. But they are not crap at all Shaun, the photos and your layout are just great. The photos just could have been sharper, that's all. :icon_thumleft: And I mean it when I say I see a great improvement concerning your metal detecting. :hello2: Do you also move faster than in the past, and dig quicker?

I don't mind the coins and relics either, only my preference is relics for sure!

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
WOODY50 said:
shaun7 said:
thanks Woody,
OK, I understand about the photos, its hard when its getting dark to take photos, and also with flash. But they are not Crap at all Shaun, the photos and your layout are just great. The photos just could have been sharper, that's all. :icon_thumleft: And I mean it when I say I see a great improvement concerning your metal detecting. :hello2: Do you also move faster than in the past, and dig quicker?

I don't mind the coins and relics either, only my preference is relics for sure!

i do need to improve on my speed as i think i am just as slow as ever! Cru always seems to be waiting for me or finishing
my run for me :D The ground is hard at the moment and i need to get a better spade! thats next on my list :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions