1860s? house. Wheat coin spill, silver, need someone to detect with. Kent, Ohio

skylarking1970

Feb 17, 2009
Kent Read, Kent Write, Kent State!!!!!! Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum
1860's? house. Wheat coin spill, silver, need someone to detect with. Kent, Ohio

Wish I could get my camera to work to include pics.

I hit an old 1860's house today. Abandoned, and I think they are going to tear it down soon. Only a few houses in the area, and a nice size yard to search.

Got a penny/dime reading and popped out a wheatie. Scanned again, and still getting a good hit. Popped out another. I kept this up until I got 5 from the same hole.

Finally broke my silver drought with a nice Roosevelt. I forgot how nice it is when you see silver come out, and not a orange colored dime.

Also found another wheatie, and 1 Lincoln.

If someone is interested in checking the place out with me, that would be great. I would like someone with a pinpointer (I dont have one) because there were some good hits that I got where I couldnt locate the object. (Roots and such)

A smaller coil might be good too since there is some trash but not that bad.

I still think that there are some good coins there, and I didnt hit it all that hard and didnt hit some areas at all.

If interested, E mail me at [email protected]
and I will tell you more and we can find a time to meet up.

The first ones have priority, and I may not be able to e mail back everyone, but will try.

Thanks!

Sky

Upvote 0

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: 1860's? house. Wheat coin spill, silver, need someone to detect with. Kent, Ohio

Nice finds and hunt. Too bad I wasn't closer I'd take you up on the generous offer. Ron in Marysville

digdeep38

Greenie
Aug 30, 2007
Re: 1860's? house. Wheat coin spill, silver, need someone to detect with. Kent, Ohio

Sky,

I'll hunt with you. I'm only about 15 mins from Kent. And I have a Bullseye pinpointer. Not the best, but it gets the job done.

Linda

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread