Detected the sidewalk and field tested the 12" Hot Shot coil...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detected the sidewalk and field tested the 12" Hot Shot coil...

I got off work at 04:45PM and it?s getting dark fast. Arrived here at this site about 5 minutes later. Detected the new sidewalk or whatever the reason for taking off the top 6? of soil for about 30 minutes. This was a golf course and I always thought it was a field where Hitler?s WWII troops trained, that?s all wrong about Hitler?s troops. I talked to a construction worker who said he saw the old maps where bombs were dropped and where buildings once stood. He said this field once had many horse stables on it, from the debris of red bricks, large pieces of metal and a few foundation stones I?m sure he is right. I found many small pieces of metal that I?m sure are bomb fragments. There was a lot of trash here, the most exciting thing I dug was a few pieces of expended brass ammo casings. I went back to the car and prepped the new 12? coil for a field hunt and then drove to the field.
47b5cf34b3127cce9511a775b80900000015108AYsWjhy5cta

Arrived at the field site, got ready, ground balanced and took off into the dark night with my snake light. The Hot Shot weighs just 2 OZ more than the standard White?s 950 coil, a little noticeable but not much considering the size. The coil is large in comparison but it seemed and reacts exactly like my smaller coil but seems to be a little more sensitive. I dug a few deeper small targets which proved I haven?t lost anything. Also dug a few deep targets, around 10? on the two horse tack pieces and the lead seal, seemed strange digging so deep. Also got a few ghost signals, just couldn?t find the target that was running me around the hole but that usually means a small piece of foil which scatters the signal in a way. I think I?m going to like this coil for the farm fields, already like it a lot, just what I was looking for as an enhancement to the XLT and my style of detecting. I hunted for about 1 hour but the cold and wind kicked me off the field, it was 1.5C/34F when I drove home and the dirt was starting to freeze. Here?s the finds. HH and thanks for looking, Mike
47b5cf34b3127cce9511a68e795a00000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Upvote 0

rasrandy

Mar 3, 2005
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Re: Detected the sidewalk and field tested the 12" Hot Shot coil...

Nice stuff you found
Is that a button also?
HH

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.

Mike, still finding relics good for you. Best of luck. trk5capt...

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good deal,

HH

Lonewolfe

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice.....Mike. You'll have to keep us posted on that new coil. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread