Back On The Road!!Stunning Roman Silver.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all...

went back to the Roman road this afternoon for a short hunt, the ground was baked hard and difficult to detect :-\ but still managed to have a great hunt :headbang:

No hammered today but mannaged one of the best Roman Silvers to date :o I will have to ID it later as I am off out for a drink with the family anyway to keep it short have a look at the pictures :notworthy:

Attachments

• silver 001.JPG
    silver 001.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 634
  • silver 011.JPG
    silver 011.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 640
  • silver 009.JPG
    silver 009.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 623
  • sunday 001.JPG
    sunday 001.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 623
  • sunday 002.JPG
    sunday 002.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 621
  • sunday 003.JPG
    sunday 003.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 628
  • sunday 004.JPG
    sunday 004.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 626
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Antoninus Pius 8) 8) 8)

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
amazing finds! you are a lucky person to have acess to this place!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
beautiful finds again SS :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LeonW said:
IMHO a worthy "Banner find." You must be smiling from ear to ear. :notworthy:
:hello: thanks for the comments, and welcome to the T Net, were are you from :hello:

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Thanks, it's a nice coin but debased :-\ but that doesn't detract from the nice strike :thumbsup: it's actually a coin of Caracalla who ruled under Septimus Severus :thumbsup:

Attachments

• caracalla.jpg
    caracalla.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 488

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Thanks, it's a nice coin but debased :-\ but that doesn't detract from the nice strike :thumbsup: it's actually a coin of Caracalla who ruled under Septimus Severus :thumbsup:

good point, only had a quick read of the legend, never got the book out. Makes more sence now with the boyish looks, I think he started at 8 years old!!

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:

good point, only had a quick read of the legend, never got the book out. Makes more sence now with the boyish looks, I think he started at 8 years old!!
Very confusing some times :icon_scratch:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a soft spot for these types of Roman Silver, the earlier the better (I think). The big chucky ones with the raised heads, very nice to get :icon_thumright:

It will be some time until we get onto the right fields for anymore of these. We are aiming for 15 this year, doesn't sound much but you know how hard they are to find normally! We are already on 6, so we are roughly on target. I'm positive the XP will bag a few in some of my Favourite Roman Sites 8)

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
I have a soft spot for these types of Roman Silver, the earlier the better (I think). The big chucky ones with the raised heads, very nice to get :icon_thumright:

It will be some time until we get onto the right fields for anymore of these. We are aiming for 15 this year, doesn't sound much but you know how hard they are to find normally! We are already on 6, so we are roughly on target. I'm positive the XP will bag a few in some of my Favourite Roman Sites 8)
This one come out the ground nearly all green, but it's cleaned up well, still on the light side though :-\

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:

This one come out the ground nearly all green, but it's cleaned up well, still on the light side though :-\

Now that you say that, I think you have done an excellent cleaning job (Lemon juice?).

Funny how some come out completely black, some patchy, some green, & some as clean as yours is now & often from the same field.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:

Now that you say that, I think you have done an excellent cleaning job (Lemon juice?).

Funny how some come out completely black, some patchy, some green, & some as clean as yours is now & often from the same field.
not lemon juice, genolite just dabed on to remoove bronze staining :thumbsup:

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Definitely a great find...banner!! Congrats on your finds!!

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Terrific find. Looks like it must have fallen off the mint cart--the detail is very good. And the other finds look real great too. Got to say, was very thoughtful of that Roman to drop their change for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions