Fourth Barber Half in 16+ years of metal detecting!

Fast_Dave

Mar 21, 2003
Superior, WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer, White's 6000, Fisher Aquanaut
Hi everyone. Jim D. posting on Fast Dave's computer again. Tonight we were detecting where sidewalks were torn out to make way for new ones. Got a dandy Barber Half and a few other coins. I'm not going to clean this one. I like it just the way it is. I was detecting the outside edge of the sidewalk indentation and I got a good hit but at an angle. The half was three and a half inches into the parking strip from the bottom of the cut at roughly a 45 degree angle. I tried to scan from the top of the parking strip but I heard absolutely nothing! Glad I could hit the outside edge. These are a blast to find. Uncommon in our neck of the woods. Happy hunting everyone! Jim D.

Attachments

• 1908o.jpg
    1908o.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 559
Upvote 0

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
What a find! I really need to pay attention to sidewalk and road work near me when it happens. Never know what you'll get. And you proved you can find some sweet keepers! Wonderful, simply wonderful.

Fish-Gate

Jan 10, 2006
Huntington, Indiana, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great detective work Jim! I've been trying for 5 years, have found older and newer type halves, but have yet to find one of those beauties...

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found not one in my 31 yrs of detecting! Found several standing liberties and only 1 silver dollar in all of those years. Great job, and send some my way!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread