My favorite site gives up another LC

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one particular site that I have hunted this year has been really good to me. Last night I picked up LC #6 from this site. This LC was not super deep but laying near some iron. My small excellerator coil found it hiding there. Picked up a couple more flat buttons and a few odds-n-ends. The lead ball has a halo around it for some reason.

100_2805.jpg

Upvote 0

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Great finds!
Baggins

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Nice looking LC my friend, your still on a roll! I believe the halo look to the musketball is a flaw in the process of making it. The maker most likely did not get the mold completely closed as he poured the molten lead thus leaving a slight ring or halo around the centerline of the ball. Very cool find!

HH
Slipperyjack47

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slipperyjack47 said:
Nice looking LC my friend, your still on a roll! I believe the halo look to the musketball is a flaw in the process of making it. The maker most likely did not get the mold completely closed as he poured the molten lead thus leaving a slight ring or halo around the centerline of the ball. Very cool find!

HH
Slipperyjack47
NICE LC Wallhangers! I also have several musket balls that have this same flaw in them. Probably why they just tossed them. Even though they could have been melted and re-poured. Kinda cool finding one. They give up a good signal don't they!? Hogge

OP
OP
Wallhangers

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slipperyjack47 said:

HH
Slipperyjack47
I was kind of thinking the same thing on that ball but wasn't sure. How's the digs up your way?
hogge said:
Slipperyjack47 said:

HH
Slipperyjack47
NICE LC Wallhangers! I also have several musket balls that have this same flaw in them. Probably why they just tossed them. Even though they could have been melted and re-poured. Kinda cool finding one. They give up a good signal don't they!? Hogge
Hey Hogge, the site that I am hunting is fairly old for over here so I dig every decent signal. I don't think I have found a coin newer than an 1864 here. I am working hard for every signal now. Have you been out swinging in this heat? I haven't been out much at all.
plehbah© said:
I like the patina on that one. The green and black is a little unusual.
Yah, I haven't found an LC with the black on it before and I could probably get it off of there with some cleaning but I haven't been doing much to my LC's this year, just leaving them as they were. It was near the foundation of the house so maybe it went through a fire or something.

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coppers in Michigan!!! Dig that foundation out! More coppers can be had!!!

Kirk

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one nice looking coin Wallhangers. Then you add the patina too it and it looks even better. Nice find.

Mainer

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Congrats on that nice LC 8)

OP
OP
Wallhangers

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
Coppers in Michigan!!! Dig that foundation out! More coppers can be had!!!

Kirk
This is a field site that has been farmed for a long time. I hope the farmers will keep working the coins up over the next couple of years.
silverfreak said:
Nice largie Mark.

Gotta' love the little Excelerator coils. :icon_thumleft:
That little coil has been good to me, thanks again for recommending that particular coil!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always #1 on my list to find this yr. :headbang:

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EXTREMELY AWESOME FINDS,WTG!!

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I agree with Ple on the patina on that LC. Very unique,cool looking coin!!!!

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice LC. I also agree that the color is very appealing. Actually, with those two buttons next to the coin, it looks like a color-coordinated set.

I hope the field keeps producing for you.

Good luck,

Brian in MA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread