1877 key date indian

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
woo hooo !!!!! i havent been detecting in a long time so i decided today rain and all to go out. went to about 4 spots and basically got nothing. i was driving home and i stopped at this island i have been eyeing for a long time with a big old tree in the middle. right off the bat i got a penny signal about 3 inches deep and out the 1877 came out. i knew it was a indian but didnt know what year till i was cleaning it at home. i wish i didnt jump the gun because if i new it was the key date coin i would of sent it out proffesionally. but who woulda guessed. i never thought i would of found one of these in a million years. ive joked about it before. gonna continue cleaning and will show aditional pics later. thanx. willy.

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 3,568
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 3,587
Upvote 0
OP
OP
dfx willy

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
heres a pic of the most im going to clean it. going to send it out to NCS willy.

Attachments

• scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 2,848
  • scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 2,879

HomesteadHunter

Nov 14, 2008
Amherstburg, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.
Now that is a coin that belongs on the banner without question. Considering how many years the IHs were made, the 1877 is the rarest. I've seen some pretty sick looking 1877s go for big bucks on Ebay, so i'd say yours is valuable. I have found over 30 IHs in the past year, and not one 1877!...........your a lucky man.

James.
HomesteadHunter.

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
I think i would go on back to that spot and search it up and down left and right.. who knows what else you could find..

S

seger98

Congratulations on the find & making the banner, it's a coin that I'm sure won't find its place in my book. :icon_thumright:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah© said:
seger98 said:
Congratulations on the find & making the banner, it's a coin that I'm sure won't find its place in my book. :icon_thumright:
I think there is a dirty penny out there for each of us, a penny on which we can rest our laurels, and make our friends and loved ones sick with dirty penny envy.
We can hope!

Congrats on your excellent find, Willy! Banner, too! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

HH

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on THE BANNER willy! Actually didn't think it would make it as, there was one recently on the banner. WTG. Hogge :headbang:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi...

big congrats on your rare find :o being from the UK I don't know much about the key date? were there a limited amount made :icon_scratch: any more info for us Brits will be appreciated, I'm keen to learn a bit more about the US coinage :thumbsup:

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
Hi...

big congrats on your rare find :o being from the UK I don't know much about the key date? were there a limited amount made :icon_scratch: any more info for us Brits will be appreciated, I'm keen to learn a bit more about the US coinage :thumbsup:

Hey Silver Searcher, I'm as lost about the coinage you guys find on your side of the pond, but this link should help you understand the American coinage. http://www.pcgs.com/prices/

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, Willy!!! :hello2: Awesome find!!!

Nana :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread