Went back to a pounded school. Slow and steady wins the race!!!!

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
Good afternoon fellow TNer's. I haven't posted anything in awhile. The weather up here in Maine has been rather wet lately(That is putting it mildly). I was supposed to go hunting with Mainer today, but my wife got called into work and I got to spend the day with my daughter. My wife didn't have to be at work until 830, so I got up bright and early(5:00) to beat the rain and headed out for a couple of hours. Since I couldn't go far, I decided to go back to a school that was really close and that had produced before. I didn't have much faith, but I planned on taking it really slow. It paid off!! Only about 40 minutes into the hunt I got an Oh so sweet signal with my trusty 1225 that I have come to recognize as silver. I dug a plug, about 6 inches and rechecked the hole. It was still in the hole! I took one more scoop of dirt out of the plug and flopped it on the ground. There she was; Lady Mercury staring me right in the face. Awesome! Finding silver is great, but it's even better when you find it at a place that you think is done out. I also found a toy car that I need help dating. If you can't read the underneath of the car it says: MIDGETOY. My morning's total was a 36 merc, a 57D wheatie, the toy car and about 3 bucks in clad. If you read this Mainer, we will get together in the very near future. Please keep in touch on when you can go. Talk to you all later. Thanks for looking and HH!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1643.JPG
    IMG_1643.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,149
  • IMG_1644.JPG
    IMG_1644.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_1647.JPG
    IMG_1647.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,130
  • IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 1,130
  • IMG_1733.JPG
    IMG_1733.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,108
  • IMG_1643.JPG
    IMG_1643.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,133
  • IMG_1644.JPG
    IMG_1644.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,152
  • IMG_1647.JPG
    IMG_1647.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,135
  • IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 1,133
  • IMG_1733.JPG
    IMG_1733.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,118
Upvote 0

tndigger

Mar 11, 2009
tn
Detector(s) used
teknetics T2
:icon_pirat:
thats cool fr3nchy I have also come to trust my fisher 3D am still learning the machine and it is showing me what it know's how to locate the good stuff. great finds!

tford62

May 1, 2008
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Congratulations great looking silver, I am wondering where abouts in Maine you are as I am in Maine too and as of yet, don't know anyone else detecting. T.

OP
OP
Fr3nchy27

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
tford62 said:
Congratulations great looking silver, I am wondering where abouts in Maine you are as I am in Maine too and as of yet, don't know anyone else detecting. T.

I'm in Lisbon Falls. I detect with fellow TNer's Dan3921, my brother Bootstrapvinn and soon I will be detecing with Mainer as well. Where is Wilton, ME?

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you know I wouldnt miss anything you post. Nice finds. That car you have I have one just like it except it a bigger one. But I think if I remember right it was made in the 40's or 50's. So thats my guess. Nice find anyhow. Nice merc too. Will defenitly be keeping intouch with you and Dan. Good thing you got out early been raining here all day. Ok great finds, good luck if you do get out again this week.

Mainer

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like the car merc not to bad either....Matt

OP
OP
Fr3nchy27

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
mainer said:
Now you know I wouldnt miss anything you post. Nice finds. That car you have I have one just like it except it a bigger one. But I think if I remember right it was made in the 40's or 50's. So thats my guess. Nice find anyhow. Nice merc too. Will defenitly be keeping intouch with you and Dan. Good thing you got out early been raining here all day. Ok great finds, good luck if you do get out again this week.

Mainer

Thanks Mainer! That was my guess on the car too. Hope to see you soon!

Dan32981

Nov 11, 2005
Oak Harbor, Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds bro wish i could have been out there with you, thats where i dug my first and only Flying Eagle penny and a silver quarter! Definately will have to go back and grid the area and hit it hard, your starting to pull away with the silver count but ill keep the pressure on! Happy Dirt Fishing! I posted the gold plated button i found. Check it out.

-Dan

tford62

May 1, 2008
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Fr3nchy27 said:
tford62 said:

I'm in Lisbon Falls. I detect with fellow TNer's Dan3921, my brother Bootstrapvinn and soon I will be detecing with Mainer as well. Where is Wilton, ME?

Wilton is just below Farmington. T.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
The dime was probably tipped on it's side a bit so slow and steady definitely paid off, congrats on that (love those Mercs!!!) and that 1930's indy toy car is in great shape, worth some bucks too.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Fr3nchy27

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
Thanks for all the great replies guys. Plehbah, I always look forward to what you are going to say and thanks to you too Boobydoo. I sure hope that car is worth something! Happy Hunting to you all in your future outings!

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
Always nice to find silver, Frenchy and the toy car is awesome! I've seen a couple of cars posted on Tnet that are very similar to yours, if not identical.

Say hi to your brother for me. Is he still working on that house? Tell him he needs to take a break, and if he acts stubborn, just remind him of December thru April!

MP

PAdigs

Nov 22, 2005
S.E. PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds. Midgetoys were produced from 1946-1984 very similar to Tootsietoys pot-metal body with no chassis. The car you found was from the 50's. Typical collector value on Midgetoy cars are around $10-$15.00 on near mint to mint condition vehicles.

OP
OP
Fr3nchy27

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
PAdigs said:
Neat finds. Midgetoys were produced from 1946-1984 very similar to Tootsietoys pot-metal body with no chassis. The car you found was from the 50's. Typical collector value on Midgetoy cars are around $10-$15.00 on near mint to mint condition vehicles.

Thanks for the info PADIGS! I appreciate it.

Justin

OP
OP
Fr3nchy27

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
mountainplayer said:
Always nice to find silver, Frenchy and the toy car is awesome! I've seen a couple of cars posted on Tnet that are very similar to yours, if not identical.

Say hi to your brother for me. Is he still working on that house? Tell him he needs to take a break, and if he acts stubborn, just remind him of December thru April!

MP

I told him you said hi. I think he's going out with us this weekend. Thanks for your reply mountainplayer. Always look forward to reading your posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread