Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a detector lover. I mean I like trying out new machines almost as much as digging loot.

I recently saw this ad on ebay offering new detectors BUY-IT-NOW for $29.99.

It wasn't advertised as a kids toy and something within said give it a try. So I bought it and about one week later it was on my doorstep. Total cost with shipping was $39.99.

This is a todays find post so I won't do a REVIEW of the detector here. If there's much interest I may do that in the proper section.

I went out to the unpaved portion of an old driveway near our house and turned my new toy on. The used battery I found in the house registered "low." Oh well, I didn't have much time so I hit the drive anyway. Just a few days ago there was 7 inches of snow in this location.

It was cold a rainy so I covered the machine with plastic wrap.

In the picture you'll see my finds. The deepest penny was 2 1/2 inches with a loud signal. The ground in this location is filled with rusty nails, etc. Every target I dug was a find--no false signals. The machine pinpointed and discriminated perfectly.

The two stones you see were found while hunting. These are Michigan State stones (Petoskey Stones) worth about 50 cents each.

The coil of copper tubing was found 3 1/4 inches deep under thick sod in the yard.

Total time hunting: 17 minutes.

HH

Attachments

• digtesta.jpg
    digtesta.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,464
  • digtestb.jpg
    digtestb.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,383
  • digtestc.jpg
    digtestc.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,693
Upvote 1

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The red button is for ground balancing it out. You turn the discrim to halfway and the volume up half way. Then hold the coil 1ft above the ground and push the red button. Then take the sensitivity dial and turn it until the sound stops. It's the dial on the left and bottom. If the sound stops anywhere that's where u leave it. Then everyone in a whole u press the red button and it will take u back to balance. If u want pm me and I'll go make copy of the book and email it to u or snail mail it. Let me k ow

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All right been using this detector for a couple weeks now. I've found close to ten bucks in clad, a pewter pendant and a few bullets. The depth isn't great but if its there you will find it. I dug a nice copper peice at a foot and a half with no prob. Has one time but with the meter you can kinda tell what it is. But I dig everything just to make sure. I've learned to just dig a plug the size of my coil and the object will be there. I love it though because it was cheap and works. Like guy said about other machines I watched a guy with a 1500 dollar machine on all metal mode didnt find nothing. He watched me walk back over and dig all kinds of stuff. Plus it won't pick up nails or junk. But it will pick up pull tabs with a really slowwwww sweep, that's the key a lazy sloppy sweep. But we'll worth the 10 I paid since I got it back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions