Cold Day Digs $30 Detector - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cold Day Digs $30 Detector

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2011
    Oklahoma
    White's XLT
    4584 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Cold Day Digs $30 Detector

I try to avoid Chinese made stuff whenever possible. I would rather see my money go to American workers.

us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro...I am a wealth of mostly trivial information.....

Jan 2011
    Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer
    3383 times

I spent a summer in Petosky a few years ago, and found the stones all over the beach there, they are really neat. That machine seems like a pretty good deal for a back up or a loaner, let us know how it works out.
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

I collect military relics, mainly German and American, but interested in others as well, pre 1945 .. Always interested in adding to my collection

some of my antique photo collection : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

us
    Jun 2010
    CA
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
    166 times

Can't beat the price thats for sure
    Ring Count

11 Gold 18K 14K 10K
    5 Silver .925
    4 Junkers

Jun 2013
    It looks like I have in my possession the same model and brand detector. I am the sexton of our small town cemetery and was given this detector for helping locate boundaries. The problem is that the operation manual seems to have been misplaced and I am a complete novice/rookie. Could you give me any help in how to operate this machine? What is the red button for?

us
    Jul 2013
    a, ohio
    A $10 garage sale find.
    252 times
    I know it's a old thread but I just bought one at a garage sale for 10 bucks. Having some problems learning how to use it since I'm new to MD. But I've found a couple beer caps with it. Went to walk to the store and a couple guys were hitting the school across from me with 2800 dollar machines and not picking up coins just high dollar things. Asked them a bunch of questions and they were very very helpful. Can't wait to go back over it and clean up them coins lol. But I like my machine it's a nice intro one, but going to upgrade soon for a bigger coil and deeper pen. Only thing is it won't register iron or steel. Which is kinda weird or I did a test nickel and very hard to find those if on their side.

us
    Jul 2013
    a, ohio
    A $10 garage sale find.
    252 times
    The red button is for ground balancing it out. You turn the discrim to halfway and the volume up half way. Then hold the coil 1ft above the ground and push the red button. Then take the sensitivity dial and turn it until the sound stops. It's the dial on the left and bottom. If the sound stops anywhere that's where u leave it. Then everyone in a whole u press the red button and it will take u back to balance. If u want pm me and I'll go make copy of the book and email it to u or snail mail it. Let me k ow

us
    Jul 2013
    a, ohio
    A $10 garage sale find.
    252 times
    All right been using this detector for a couple weeks now. I've found close to ten bucks in clad, a pewter pendant and a few bullets. The depth isn't great but if its there you will find it. I dug a nice copper peice at a foot and a half with no prob. Has one time but with the meter you can kinda tell what it is. But I dig everything just to make sure. I've learned to just dig a plug the size of my coil and the object will be there. I love it though because it was cheap and works. Like guy said about other machines I watched a guy with a 1500 dollar machine on all metal mode didnt find nothing. He watched me walk back over and dig all kinds of stuff. Plus it won't pick up nails or junk. But it will pick up pull tabs with a really slowwwww sweep, that's the key a lazy sloppy sweep. But we'll worth the 10 I paid since I got it back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links