cache in the orange orchid

rogues71

May 9, 2009
mesa az
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
good morning all i figured i would get in some hunting before i had to go to work today, so i hit a old orange fruit orchid about 15 min from my house. after searching for about a hour and pulling up trash i got a solid vdi signal of 85. after swinging over the target about 15 times i got a depth of 7 inches so i knew i had some thing good.i pulled out the shovel and dug away until i found these all in a nice little pile. 1 1954 quarter, 1 1944 quarter, 1 1958 quarter, x3 1936 buffs, x1 1935 buff, and x1 unknown date buff, a 1909 Indians head cent with 2 holes in his head drilled out, x2 1954 Wheaties, x1 1942 Wheaties, x1 194o Wheaties, and a 1936 Wheaties. this being my first cache it drew a tear to my eye, or it was the sweat poring down my head as it was now about 100 degrees out at 7 am . well just enough time to post and hit the road in a few to work have a safe day and good hunting.

Matt

Attachments

• cache.jpg
    cache.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,187
Upvote 0

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
Either they came out of the ground really good, or you did a fantastic job cleaning them. I know silver comes out of the ground like new, But I have never seen wheaties or buffalo's come out looking like that. Nice score. There is probably more there.

OP
OP
rogues71

rogues71

May 9, 2009
mesa az
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
everything i pull from the ground first gets rinsed and brushed off then goes under the loop, if it looks to be a gradable coin i save it for special cleaning if its a low grade i soak it for 15 min in a special solution i made and wipe them off with a coton rag and they come out like so.

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
rogues71 said:
everything i pull from the ground first gets rinsed and brushed off then goes under the loop, if it looks to be a gradable coin i save it for special cleaning if its a low grade i soak it for 15 min in a special solution i made and wipe them off with a coton rag and they come out like so.

Nice! Your not going to tell me your special solution are you? Please, LOL!

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
rogues71 said:

Please advise what that special solution is as I've been detecting in the Phx area for 4 years now and have never seen such clean buffalo nickels and I've tried everything...they come out of the ground real nasty and I can't get them that clean for my life.

OP
OP
rogues71

rogues71

May 9, 2009
mesa az
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
ok i cant take credit for the special solution, because its a chemical i got from work. we use it to clean engine blocks to read id numbers on parts etc. i know its a acid base, and corrosive, and probably not available to the general public since every time we need to use it we have to sign it out from the supply cage, and accidently some found its way home with me :)

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
rogues71 said:
ok i cant take credit for the special solution, because its a chemical i got from work. we use it to clean engine blocks to read id numbers on parts etc. i know its a acid base, and corrosive, and probably not available to the general public since every time we need to use it we have to sign it out from the supply cage, and accidently some found its way home with me :)

I work with an engine shop in the Navy. We have a full hazmat locker. I bet we have it. Do you have a part number for it?

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Matt, I have a good friend in FT. Pierce, Fl who know a lot of Orange grove owners, may be I need to hook up with him...

Gator..................... :headbang:

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you a secret cleaning solution ;D

I used to not tell anyone because it was my business. I use to clean old antique copper kettles for people that tried and failed, silver where there was too much for someone to deal with, antique brass beds (now, there was the huge jobs), restoring antique brass pan fixtures (all lighting) and I did all with a common household cleaner. Lysol liquid toilet bowl cleaner! It's miracle cleaner. But, be warned, it will make some copper and brass a pinkish color unless and or until it's fully shined/polished. If you're cleaning something copper, it may make it look pink until you final polish it with something like "Never-Dull" (the best polishing stuff on the market, on it's own cotton swab)

Make sure you're in a ventilated area too, because once Lysol hits silver, or copper it causes a reaction that's really smelly

Test it out on something you don't care too much about first...like an not so old, but very tarnished piece of brass or copper (a really tarnished modern penny).

But, since it doesn't hurt your copper pipes, it shouldn't hurt anything copper or silver (including nickel silver) I think you'll be amazed
I used it for years and years. Use the original Lysol...not the jells and new garbage, that doesn't work.

Ok, back to the topic! Really nice cache...wtg! And, "Welcome to Tnet"
Enjoy!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Wow what a spill...I believe anyone would enjoy a target like that! Sweet....Congrats...jgas

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds rogues71 !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread