OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! Now with pictures and story!

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
I found a... guess?????

1861 Half Dime!!!!!!!!!

I went to Metaldetecting.com I believe and put in the program that was there. I took the detector down to my first elementary school and started swinging. I found a wheatie first and then I found a penny. I got a signal and said not sure if I should dig it because it was kinda faint but then I remembered, that I should dig the faint ones. So I did. Then I used my X-1 and it rang out but only a little so I dug some more. Then I got a LOUD ring and I used my VibraProbe 560 and it started vibrating. So I knew I found whatever it was. Then I lost it :(. I used the X-1 and found it again. The vibraprobe and found it and then lost it again. Back and forth for a while like that lol. Finally I found the clump of dirt that was attached to it and I said gosh that is so small has to be trash. Then I looked closely and I said Oh My God!! Thank you!!!! I put it in my bra and carried it home!!!!!!! :)

Attachments

• Dsc00645.jpg
    Dsc00645.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2,075
  • Dsc00646.jpg
    Dsc00646.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 2,075
Upvote 0

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
As I stated in an earlier post, " before the year is out you will find something we will all be drooling over "....and BAM...in less than a week ,,,here it is. I have never found a half dime ....EVER! You are out of control little missy. Now put that detector away before you hurt someone.

Congrats on an excellent coin and HH.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find. Keep up the goood hunting. HH.....

OP
OP
lakillian

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
THank you all so very much!!!! It was really exciting to find it. I do have a pouch but I didn't want it getting messed up so I put it in my bra. I wanted it to be extra safe from scratches. I don't know anything about grades and whatnot for coins but I think it looks real nice. :) I am back in WVa now and I am dying to get back out there and detect some more.

I used the program that is on metaldetectingworld.com and I love it!!!!!!!

And Nick...... I expected that from you LOL!!!

And gxray.... NO WAY I am going to be detecting all the time now!!!!

Hugs to you all and thanks for sharing an interest in my half dime... or as my cousin called it my "nickel"

Lori

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Yaaay Lori!! I'm very jealous. A half dime and a seated dime are on my list to find. Glad you got one!!!

Ray

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice.. must have been an older house,or school there possibly ! I guess
could have be a random drop ,but who cares you got it!

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Thats a sweet little half dime Lori, you are really on a roll these days,that merc in your yard now this..you could have a banner find just around the corner at this rate :icon_thumleft:
Jerry

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
Im going to have to remember to never touch those just in case. :laughing7:

I hope you didnt get dirt crum rash. :laughing9:

Nice find, lucky!

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK. Now, the obvious question, for all us non-bra-wearers......where do we put those finds that we don't want to get scratched? :help:(reading up on this one... :read2:)
Great find, aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddd don't I remember someone who said something in the not-too-distant-past
about GIVING UP???????? WHAT??????
Now, go out and find the other half of the dime. :laughing7:

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
lakillian said:
I put it in my bra and carried it home!!!!!!! :)

Great!!! Now I gotta go buy a bra and wear it?! Man, this hobby is getting expensive. Luckily Mastereagle22 won't have to go shopping. :wink: :-X :D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread