A week of returning Rings

Gold_pinger

Mar 3, 2004
Went to a remote beach to search for a mans lost wedding ring Wensday. Had to hike a half mile trail to get to the beach. After a 2 hour search managed to recover a 6mm white gold band size 9 for a gratefull couple. Didn't get a picture, but they took one with their
digital camera and said they would e-mail me a copy. I have a new respect for you detectorists that work the dry sand. That's some hot sweaty work.
Pic Removed
Then on Thursday back to my regular hunting place where I was asked to recover a Man's gold wedding band, found and returned in about 10 minutes. About an hour later was asked again to recover a Platinum engagement ring that was just lost, 1 caret in 6 prong setting with 8 marquise channel set diamonds. About a half hour later it too was found and returned. I was beginning to wonder if? I was going to find anything I could keep when my detector signaled in on this big gold ring.
Pic Removed
I didn't get to keep it very long as the next day a man approached me asking if I had found a ring and described it perfectly. At least I was able to scan it this time. Here's a pic of the junk I did get to keep. Looks like someone shot the sheriff.
Pic Removed
Anyway I was back at that beach to search for a 1 1/4 caret Pear cut diamond in a white gold 14k setting and a plain 18k band that was lost last Sunday and the lady had an add in the newspaper on Friday. Searched all day (8am to 5pm) and didn't find them, the place must have been hunted before I got there as there was few targets recovered for the amount of time spent, but I did find this small Platinum ring. And so far no one has claimed it.
Pic Removed
As you can see there was hardly any targets.
Pic Removed
As I was packing up to leave for home I got a call to go recover another large gold band at a beach 25 miles away for a $20.00 reward, if found (a 50 mile round trip for me). Which I politely declined and the lady got a little mad. But hey I feel if I don't like your attitude you can just go suck sand. Thanks for reading HH
GP

Upvote 0

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome finds, even if returned! I still add returned items to my journal, and if I can find out how they were lost, that information can be useful in the future to help give clues where to look. In fact I am constructing a spreadsheet with all the hunt information I've collected over the years. This should prove useful in learning some really interesting statistical things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread